advertisement

What are you listening to right now #62

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stiff Records – SOUNDS 3. LP, 1978. "This exciting LP is not available on cassette, 8 Track or anywhere else". Worth next to nothing - great record.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Big Thief - ‘Dragon new warm mountain..’, settling in for a proper listen. Such a great album, long but doesn’t overstay welcome.

It was a flip of the coin whether this is best here or in the Sixty Rolling Stones thread.

My El Mocambo 1977 double CD arrived today, flac ripped and on server and playing now. Early days but this might become a favourite up with GYYYO, the small club, the secretive warm up gig for their tour, the mix of early, Taylor era and late 70s style that emerged and the sound quality. I loved Love You Live released in ‘77 (but 75 & ‘76 performances) as it was one of the first albums I bought as a 13 year-old and that contained one side from El Mocambo but as time went on and compared with other bands I realised the album was stifled, presumably heavily edited and somehow a bit tame.

El Mocambo is nicely raw, Ronnie has settled in, they sound in relaxed and energetic in spirit and this is a lot more fun. Hopefully they still have some of that next month at Hyde Park if the years haven’t finally caught up with them too much. It also highlights how much Charlie will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back