advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to S.F. Sorrow from this...

R-2023602-1452111981-9376.jpeg.jpg

...a gift today and it's great to hear the album as I remember it.
I had this years ago but swapped it for Rare Earth individual LPs but SF Sorrow never sounded quite the same. Several other versions have come and gone, one recent reissue LP, 3 CDs but the closest I found was a Japanese SHM CD.
This "sets the record straight"! :)

I’ve had my Spotify playlist on all day but one thing I’ve learned is that Louis Armstrong is perfect for Xmas day. ‘When your smiling..

Fleet Foxes - Shore

One of the best albums of the year imo.
Fleet Foxes are a bit of a strange one for me...
Never really been able to fully get them. Struggled with some of their earlier stuff, heard Can I Believe You from Shore, and thought it was great. Have listened to the rest of the album, and found much of it fairly ordinary. Can't really see what I'm missing, perhaps I should play it a few more times.
The thing is, I feel I should like them more. Think that Midlake (for example) are great. Fleet Foxes seem to inhabit roughly the same area, yet I can't seem to get them in the same way.

Still waiting for the vinyl guey - Heard bits of it, typical Bent.
How you finding it?

It, and some of the remixes of Friends, have been getting a fair few plays round our gaff.
The album, as you say, is nothing wildly different; but it's nice to have them back.

Listening to S.F. Sorrow from this...

R-2023602-1452111981-9376.jpeg.jpg

...a gift today and it's great to hear the album as I remember it.
I had this years ago but swapped it for Rare Earth individual LPs but SF Sorrow never sounded quite the same. Several other versions have come and gone, one recent reissue LP, 3 CDs but the closest I found was a Japanese SHM CD.
This "sets the record straight"! :)

S F Sorrow is a criminally underrated album- a Desert Island disc for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back