advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
A strangely overlooked album by the critics I feel? I have an original press at home which sounds great.

Same - gave it a play this evening - great record. That period from Fables to Green is packed with good records. Not as cool as the first two or as celebrated as the next two but actually consistently good records.

Same - gave it a play this evening - great record. That period from Fables to Green is packed with good records. Not as cool as the first two or as celebrated as the next two but actually consistently good records.
I think people forget about how many good to great records REM made, probably unrivalled in the firmament. I love Murmer, Reckoning, Life’s Rich Pageant, Document then you have Green - Automatic & New Adventures in Hifi. Up is pretty decent also. Oh & Chronic Town & Eponymous.

R-5676037-1399638626-9954.jpeg.jpg

Right - I'm on a mission to collect more of the singles given that the CD compilation is so poor, but only for sensible money. Here's the first score, from ebay (which I don't normally risk). There was another version bitd Truth D3, which was a double 12" with a reworking of Soulmining on the second disk.

Epic ‎– TRUTH T3. 12 inch, 1986.

R-298979-1511917798-6436.jpeg.jpg

Back to the 45’s

The Kinks - ‘All Day and All of The Night’

Jimi Hendrix - ‘ Purple Haze’ - ‘Crosstown Traffic’ - ‘All Along The Watchtower’

Bowie - ‘Sorrow’

Georgie Fame - ‘Yeah, Yeah’

Nancy Sinatra - ‘ You Only Live Twice’ (sounds different to the normal mix from the film) bonus B-Side is ‘Jackson’ with Lee Hazlewood :)

Diverted by that single I have now stuck this beaut on. The Wife laughed her head off when she heard the first tune, and thought it was at the wrong speed.

R-7804179-1471018133-5211.jpeg.jpg

More Images

Nancy Sinatra And Lee Hazlewood* ‎– Nancy & Lee
Label:
Reprise Records ‎– K 44126
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album, Reissue
UK
Released: 1971

Right - I'm on a mission to collect more of the singles given that the CD compilation is so poor, but only for sensible money. Here's the first score, from ebay (which I don't normally risk). There was another version bitd Truth D3, which was a double 12" with a reworking of Soulmining on the second disk.

Epic ‎– TRUTH T3. 12 inch, 1986.

R-298979-1511917798-6436.jpeg.jpg
And a different sleeve artwork :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back