advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
MV5BZTg2ZGNmNGMtN2I5MS00Yjc5LTlmODMtOGEwNDdlYzY1NTU3L2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjQ0NzE0MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Back to Tom Waits. This was my favourite album of his for a while until I knackered my copy putting it on while the deck was still spinning. Anyone ever done that? Anyway this replacement is pretty dreadul and, not having Foreign Affairs on lp either, I just decided to order the reissues, together with Heartattack & Vine, which I've never had either. So that's my budget for music gone for a while.

This was (at one time) another of the nice Strawberry 80s cuts Asylum Records – AS 53 088. Gatefold sleeve.https://www.discogs.com/Tom-Waits-Blue-Valentine/release/14487184

R-14487184-1575536892-6757.jpeg.jpg

Back to Tom Waits. This was my favourite album of his for a while until I knackered my copy putting it on while the deck was still spinning.
I'm usually careful, but I scratched one of the 2x45rpm Music Matters LP's of my Hank Mobley recently while flipping it over to change sides. Luckily only resulted in a few light clicks.

I'm usually careful, but I scratched one of the 2x45rpm Music Matters LP's of my Hank Mobley recently while flipping it over to change sides. Luckily only resulted in a few light clicks.

I've never done it since, but I'm always very fearful of it. I don't use my right arm well at all since I had a stroke and I often end up with fingers on the vinyl to be a bit more certain!

s-l300.jpg

Circle - Chick Corea with Anthony Braxton etc. Original ECM vinyl pressing.
"sharing, Creating, loving freely given, with no thoughts of receiving - singing, dancing and romping together in a a shared new world of each other's wildest creations - a safeness created by allowing and wanting and loving one another to be what we are as spiritual beings outside of space and time in moments forever - playing games, the most beautiful games, become a bird singing, a rocket flying, a tiger roaring, a restless sea undulating, a fire tackling, a leaf floating, a child building, a sand castle, a lover loving, an orange dripping, a volcano exploding, a wind ruahing, or a mountain waiting - always knowing who you really are".
Chick Corea quoted from back cover.
RIP Chick.

I've never done it since, but I'm always very fearful of it. I don't use my right arm well at all since I had a stroke and I often end up with fingers on the vinyl to be a bit more certain!
Used to do it all the time, the PT was a pita for throwing the belt on cold start, now I much prefer using the Technics decks as they stop/start immediately. The PT (new motor/psu) and Gyro SE bounce so I stop to flip now cos I'm partially sighted but reckon they'd be fine for regular folk to flip while spinning.

Same with the lift/lower cueing - used to freehand on and off now I use the lift - age it's a bstard

Taylor Swift 1989 CD rip

Next up
Carly Simon Hello Big Man 24/96 Qobuz download
Taylor Swift Reputation 24/44 Qobuz download

This month's Mojo free CD, features Steve Marriott, Humble Pie, Small Faces etc. Quite good for a freebie. The mag is a promotion from my bank, open an account, get 0.0000001% interest on savings if you pay in £100 a month, you know the drill. I'd forgotten about the mag, which is more valuable than any interest gained. It offsets the fees I have to pay to keep my business account open. Read the mag at lunchtime, what an arse that man was. His wife's behaviour was less than sparkling too, in her youth she was drunk in charge and killed her own sister in a collision. Later on she was charged with DUI in the States, and upon her return to the UK she was drunk in charge again, killed another driver and was rightly given 5 years. Once might be viewed as a mistake. 3 times? You obviously have a problem, but once you know this the solution has to involve locking up the keys.

This month's Mojo free CD, features Steve Marriott, Humble Pie, Small Faces etc. Quite good for a freebie. The mag is a promotion from my bank, open an account, get 0.0000001% interest on savings if you pay in £100 a month, you know the drill. I'd forgotten about the mag, which is more valuable than any interest gained. It offsets the fees I have to pay to keep my business account open. Read the mag at lunchtime, what an arse that man was. His wife's behaviour was less than sparkling too, in her youth she was drunk in charge and killed her own sister in a collision. Later on she was charged with DUI in the States, and upon her return to the UK she was drunk in charge again, killed another driver and was rightly given 5 years. Once might be viewed as a mistake. 3 times? You obviously have a problem, but once you know this the solution has to involve locking up the keys.
I will be reading said article with interest, I never bother with the CD but this one looks promising. I love the whole rock star down on his luck playing bars thing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back