advertisement

What are you listening to right now #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaveid,
I hope I wasn't implying it was essential. Most important to take into account your own circumstances and what you can afford especially when many so many people are going through difficult times at the moment. The music is the important thing and the medium secondary. I was happy enough with the CD before. I have my own maximum amount I will spent on an individual LP or CD, but I'm lucky enough to have quite a bit of good vinyl purchased over the last 50++ years and there only a limited time to play it. I probably don't really need to buy more.

No not at all - thanks for the suggestion.

R-4581011-1585654095-4854.jpeg.jpg

First Blondie album released in 1976. Mine's the first release after they were bought out by Chrysalis in 77 CHR 1165, with a Tony Bridge scratched sig.

Blondie_album_cover.jpg

First Blondie album released in 1976. Mine's the first release after they were bought out by Chrysalis in 77 CHR 1165, with a Tony Bridge scratched sig.

Blondie_album_cover.jpg
My copies are pot luck, whatever WH Smith had on the shelf, I've never really gone full on with release/mastering versions, time and money - short of one or the other. Started to look closer as lockdown has given me the time to do so.

My copies are pot luck, whatever WH Smith had on the shelf, I've never really gone full on with release/mastering versions, time and money - short of one or the other. Started to look closer as lockdown has given me the time to do so.

I'm just cataloguing these play-throughs for something to do. I don't think I've ever really looked before lockdown.

Paying a bit more attention as I'm filling in gaps and it makes a big difference to pricing these days.

Gaps caused by poor taste/tribalism, loans/theft and parties, dunno what happened to Foreigner 4 it looked like it had been under an orbital sander and Born to Run the result of a Torvill & Dean scuffle.

Paying a bit more attention as I'm filling in gaps and it makes a big difference to pricing these days.

Gaps caused by poor taste/tribalism, loans/theft and parties, dunno what happened to Foreigner 4 it looked like it had been under an orbital sander and Born to Run the result of a Torvill & Dean scuffle.

Some of the early 80s pressings of 70s vinyl can be very poor, warped, off centre, poor SQ etc. Much of this stuff is worth less than the postage, so worth sniffing out the better stuff - got to have a nice copy of B2R though ;)

Having a CD day this morning rather than ignore the player as usual in preference to vinyl so a chance to revisit some things I don't have on vinyl.
Next up: McCoy Tyner Trio - 'Inception'. CD, Impulse 20 bit reissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back