advertisement

What are you listening to right now #56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wayne Shorter - 'Night Dreamer'. Vinyl, Music Matters 2x45 rpm reissue.
The Ensemble passages on this where everyone is letting loose is where the 45 scores over a 33. Pity that the title track is faded out just when they are all really getting going. Recording not a 45 issue.

Herbie Hancock, my namesake. Two CD boxsets. Blue Note up to 1969 then Columbia from 1972, a very large 34 CD box. The change to Columbia is fascinating. I bought the big Columbia box years ago and never really got on with it but it makes more sense having listened to the Blue Note box. Fascinating.

A masterpiece. Even if Final Fantasy means nothing to you, you may still enjoy this.

latest

Raiding the less played shelves today and my fave re-find is Arcade Fire - Reflektor.

Can't believe this came out in 2013 - where did the time go?!

PSB - Hotspot - CD. (Plus instrumental versions).

Deciding where to put my signed print - the shame. lol

Some classic Rock for a change. Peter Frampton - 'Frampton Comes Alive'. Vinyl, original 1975 UK pressing. First time I have played since my system revamp (new cartridge & new speakers). Perhaps not the last word in Hi-Fidelity, but this does sound amazing and very atmospheric with the volume turned up to near rock concert levels.

Some classic Rock for a change. Peter Frampton - 'Frampton Comes Alive'. Vinyl, original 1975 UK pressing. First time I have played since my system revamp (new cartridge & new speakers). Perhaps not the last word in Hi-Fidelity, but this does sound amazing and very atmospheric with the volume turned up to near rock concert levels.
Wow you had it a year before the rest of the world.
I’m impressed :D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frampton_Comes_Alive!

Seth Lakeman, Kitty Jay, silver disk thingy, the odd combination of a local lad, some home brew cider, and a loaner Mojo is making it particularly enjoyable this even, now if only the bell ringers would pipe down in the quiet sections ... ffs, bell practice should be banned when I'm listening to music, so inconsiderate :rolleyes:

This Hungry Life - Tanya Donnelly.
Sort of live, sort of Country. Have had a bit of a roller coaster with new listening rooms in the last 5 years and this has brought out the worst and the best. It has sounded appalling in some cases - and brilliant in others. Tonight is carved solid in the air and loving it. Anyway, good honest tunes well played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back