advertisement

What are you listening to right now #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foals 'Everything Not Saved We Be Lost' Part 2. I prefer it to Part 1.

Joker OST...even though I haven't watched the film. A friend recommended it and I have to say I'm impressed.

IOc04bT.jpg

Big Thief’s new album, Vinyl.

I've been listening to this a bit too. Everyone's raving about this band. Struggling to get into it.

fusion wig-out.

Bill Bruford - One of a Kind.
enjoyed this a lot this time - better repro.' helping with dense production / arrangement. But, ironically, remastered (by the King Crimson guy) version out in Nov. I see.

Jean Luc-Ponty - Enigmatic Oceans.

yer typical fusion - cop a funky groove with uber busy drumming, and then wail away one by one ... and fine by me.

Alan Holdsworth the linking factor. Gone too soon.

The new CD remaster of Tangerine Dream's 'Rubycon', apparently taken direct from the master tapes. Sounds okay in a warmish, analogueish sort of way, I s'pose.

Caravaggio #2 (Caravaggio is the band, #2 the album.) Noisy French jazzy prog. Imagine a seriously pissed-off Bruford-Wetton King Crimson also armed with samplers and bleepy synths. I really love this album.

Still digging in the backroom.

This didn't stay on long. > ABC 'The Lexicon of Love (LP NTRS1) = back in the spare room.

Television - 'Marquee Moon' (K 52046) - poor copy, plays though. (just) This is staying in the music room.

Darl Hall & John Oates - 'Private Eyes' (RCALP 6001) - Love the title track, and 'I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)' but the rest is too tame/yacht/american/boring.

Now, really enjoying Carmel - 'The Drum Is Everything' (London Records SH 8555) - better than I remember. I got this at the time (1984) after the singles took my ear. Carmels voice grates a bit in places. Mmm. Less, less less?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back