advertisement

What are you listening to right now #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing. I need some new fresh music. Any suggestions?

The last band i discovered that floated my boat was Pony Girl with their Foreign Life album.

Weiner... Go Deano... Excercise man...haha...

Ps the double 180gm vinyl is a thing of utter sonic beauty

Last edited by a moderator:
250598245733.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting really into Jackson C Frank, Bert Jansch and Nick Drake. All kind of related. Nick Drake covers several Frank songs on Family Tree album, and Jansch influences him too.
LA turnaround is my fav Jansch album, but others are good too, such as Rosemary Lane.

R-228361-1287850415.jpeg.jpg

Love this album.

Somewhat ironic given the state of my memory :)

Radiohead at the TRNSMT festival in Glasgow on BBC2 Scotland. Search in the far reaches of your digital TV and you can probably get it. Kasabian are headlining tomorrow night.

The Enchanting Voice of Bulgaria - Galina Durmushliyska

Arc Music

https://arcmusic.officialstore.co.uk/Shop/PhysicalDetails?pid=ARC_PH_610

A bit of a shock to hear a nicely mastered cd given the sacherine sweetness flattening of much mainstream pop stuff ( frigthened to let strong singers let go so they push them into the back of the mix when they do ) . Very talented backing musicians. Clearly some non-deaf engineers who dont have ego problems that they have to leave their imprint on their work, still around ;) Sounds almost analogue

A 4CD box set of !annis Xenakis works in time sequence from Amazon. If wanted to start a free form Jazz group I would make them listen to disks 3 and 4. Did he listen to late Coltrane? Many wow moments from a new discovery for me.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back