advertisement

What are you listening to right now #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
BJ6sAJQ.png

I am very very pleased to say I have never heard any Van Halen, ever. I have avoided ET and all the Ewok movies too. I think I heard Bon Jovi and mistook them for Van Halen though... I don't think there is much to differentiate between the two.

Got my Blackflower / Artifacts LP today, their new release

It's great, I like it a lot,,,you can check for some complete songs here putting your mouse to the album cover:

http://www.blackflower.be/#!/music

The vinyl is very good,,only in a few places where things are getting very buisy
it's loosing track a bit & I have the impression of a light compression.
I cannot remember this being the case with my 'Abbysinial' CD,,might be the LP is on a limit where the CD would not be. (only a few seconds are affected, 99% is just absolutely fine.)

Either way, from the cover art and material used the vinyl is a beauty, as always with Black Flower.
It doesn't come across on the webpage, but holding the cover gives an impression of holding a piece of art actually.

Their best I have heard musically is probably 'Ghost Radio',
that's a bomb simply...the other two are seriously good and I think I would also put the new one above Abbysinial.

Music I would put short as Thievery Corporation for intellectuals with a heavy bang for Jazz.
Very earthbound groundlayer of bass, afrikan-oriented horn section, funk guitar & intelligent noise samples form an entirely homogenic whole.
Sounds strange, is actually really surfing the never-heard wave effortlessly..
Ideas I think Pink Floyd would have been proud of in some point of their career.

Flute haters should beware & have a good test-listen first.
However..I hate flute basicly, esp. Jethro Tull, but I do like this one,,,no idea why..

I am very very pleased to say I have never heard any Van Halen, ever. I have avoided ET and all the Ewok movies too.

... :D
Ok, I was a fan of 1984 in 1984.
Which I feel should be extenuated,,,bc it was...well, 1984.. :)

Full points on ET,,,neither have I...and I could add Titanic on top of that.
I promised myself to die w/o having seen this and ask the participants about the original event then.

...wtf is Ewok..? (I have no telly btw)

Coleman Hawkins: Eagle Eyes!

My Vinyl dealer has a little sortiment of second-hand viyl in excellent conditon lately, so I asked him to pick out some jazz classic for me. (I know his taste is excellent..

He picked this one, and turned a full point landing at home. Happy :)

Song #2 is this, if you like to check:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORoIdPq2cfw

uff...old time Metallica fans should put in a listen at minute 7:30 and tell me what they hear from the bass ?! :)

@torstoi - I have not had a TV for 20 years now.
Ewoks are best not discussed except where recipes are shared.

@torstoi - I have not had a TV for 20 years now.
Ewoks are best not discussed except where recipes are shared.

whow, congrats...you are a rare species then.
I just calculated,,I had one for a brief time during my civil service in 1992, so I'm at 25 yrs w/o telly at present.

ah, electro-wok,,,ok,,I take it the real deal always will be working with gas.

Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballe - Barcelona ---- Brilliant
Followed by Lew Kirton - Talk to Me
and Frederick

Sat Night just enough to read the paper

The music keeps the spirits up from reading the paper

Things went a bit out of control last night.

This....Julia Holter

homepage_large.8c307c2c.jpg

Then this, The Books - Lost and Safe.

220px-LostandSafe.jpg

Then this, Guy Boratto - III:

homepage_large.ae85e846.jpg

And then this, Robert Wyatt - Shleep

Shleepalbumcover.png

Then this...

Tribute_To_Jack_Johnson.jpg

A fair chunk of Discs 2 and 3 of...

James_Brown_Star_Time.jpg

And finally, Drunk by Thundercat, which combines being funny with sounding like a big night out and also being enjoyable

thundercat-show-you-the-way-single.jpg

Genesis - ...and Then There Were Three...

Never one of my favourite Genesis albums but I picked up the dual SACD / DVD in a local charity shop and gave me an excuse to revisit it. There are some nice moments but it still sounds a bit 'thin' in places with Banks' ditching the Hammond and 'tron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back