advertisement

What are you listening to right now? #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Jackson, Laundromat Monday, and Moonlight from the Mike's Murder soundtrack, which I believe to be another excellent but overlooked album by Joe.

I must be on a JJ kick as I have been playing his latest Fast Forward album quite a bit too.

Bruce-Live-700x700.jpg

Laura Nyro in Tokyo 11/11/72, really for track six "Love on a Two-Way Street" which is my favourite, "pass me that bottle of Rioja, why did I marry you and why do you want to watch Children in Need rather than listen to this track", track. Thank God the harbour is fifteen miles away and my knees are shot.

I just feasted on an electropop three-course meal...

Tangerine Dream - Ricochet
Heaven 17 - The Luxury Gap
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express

...and boy am I satisfied :)

Rod Stewart making some hideous beige racket on Children in Need.

I'm going back in the kitchen to tidy up and listen to Cigdem Aslan's Mortissa.

Dylan / Best of the Cutting Edge (2cd). This is the cheap - ass version. I didn't figure the 6 cd set would get played much. Nice to hear variants of familiar tunes and to realise that the apparent sponteneity of Blonde on Blonde, Highway 61 and Bringing It All Back Home (in particular) was achieved by huge amounts of rehearsal and many many try outs of all those off the cuff licks. The mastering, I'm less of a fan of though - the intial mp3 d/l I got from Amazon set my teeth on edge a bit. I didn't notice them being super loud, just a bit edgy. It might just be the data compression. Hopefully...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back