Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk Talk - Laughing Stock
The Tuss - Confederation Trough EP
The Tuss - Rushup Edge

Gone all a bit modern Greek "classical" this morning:

Vassilis Tsabropoulos - Akroasis;

Eleni Karaindrou - Ulysses' Gaze.

Thom Yorke - The Eraser. The first time I've listened to this album. I'm enjoying it so far whilst I prep my Mac for the upgrade to 10.9.

These New Puritans / Expanded (Live at the Barbican). Looking forward to the full release.

[YOUTUBE]zSitoJSS1jY#t=579[/YOUTUBE]

Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes.

thinking on how the different approaches between U2 hijacking iTunes and Thom Yorke using an established and yet mistrusted technology to deliver and offer, not foist. and sell, music rather than give it away. I like the latter approach. I sense it has more integrity.

Some good tracks on this, its not a massive leap or change in style or what I was expecting. It has a very 90s lo fi vibe about it. Sample cuts and deliberately messy patching and so on. An introspective disturbing album. Like U2 I cannot remember a single tune from it, but thats ok (unlike U2) it's something to play start to finish...

Stuart Maconie - The Freak Zone on BBC6 with features on Vashti Bunyan , Royal Trux and Laurie Anderson . Great listen with a glass or two of red.

Cheers

Tony

Kate Bush - Hounds of Love.

Revisiting due to all the interest in the live show and the recent Beeb program. Have to agree with I think it was Brett Anderson of Suede preferring side 2, really creative and inventive stuff.

Lee Perry - Back on the Controls

jtm7.jpg

Lovely sounding slab of pure analogue dub if that's your bag.

The postie has delivered the sooper deeeloooxe edition of Underworld - Dubnobasswithmyheadman, so that's going on. Hmmmm - which disc though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back