advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was:

51FkiD4h39L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hommage à Scott Ross. Turns out I really like baroque organ and harpsichord, I have been listening to this a lot recently.

I love his stuff. Imagine recording all 500 odd Scarlatti sonatas at an average rate of one a day. He left a fine legacy.

Was:

Arthur Blythe / Lenox Avenue Breakdown (Includes "one of the few genuinely important tuba statements in jazz"! Woop!)

61PYh0pMAML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Is:

Pataphonie / Pataphonie. Somewhat minimalist jazz/rock/unclassifiable noodlings. For extra cool points it seems to have enraged this proggie reviewer. Presumably a lack of wizards or something.

cover_4323202122006.jpg

I love his stuff. Imagine recording all 500 odd Scarlatti sonatas at an average rate of one a day. He left a fine legacy.

He seemed like a hell of a character. I will try and psych myself up to buy the boxed set of all 555 Scarlatti pieces.

Vinny Chase - Golden Army mixtape.

[YOUTUBE]kGrFIHRlE4w&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

My NY hip hop pimp never lets me down.

Touch Records: Thirty Years and Counting

excellent double LP with fine contributions from the usual suspects - Fennesz, Philip Jeck, Chris Watson et al. Well packaged, mastered and pressed.

Trying to discover Man on Spotify. Not a band I know but feel I should. Use th read record reviews by Deke Leonard in Hi-Fi World many moons ago.

Two corkers there.

Wire, The Ideal Copy. Haven't listened to this in years, it's better than I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back