advertisement

What are you listening to right now # 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dom & Roland: Back for the Future. I don't know why I don't have any of this stuff on vinyl.

I always assumed Dom and Roland were two people, but Roland is his sampler. Ha!

After months of lurking I suppose I have to make a first post somewhere :)

'That's the way that it goes' by Gillian Welch from her latest album The Harrow and the Harvest, hope someone who hadn't heard her before enjoys it:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiS37_EULj8[/YOUTUBE]

Link

tony bennett-when lights are low-vinyl
has none of the echo of i left my heart in sf(all the vinyl copies I've hear sound really echoey)
this is sinatras favourite singer at his best before he was discovered again.i think its up there with tony/bill evans and the cover art is a beauty.

On the way into work

51vI%2B99aS4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I know it often features in 'all time of all time mate' lists but occasionally when you listen to an old fave album you are struck afresh at just how astounding it is...and it is all killer, no filler!

and now at work :(

51TgOGNlyhL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I heart t'lips...

Shackleton / The Drawbar Organ EPs. Only played the first side so far and I'm really liking it. A good deal more melodic than I've come to expect, nice blend of organ and tuned percussion samples. but clearly identifiable as Shackleton.

Was: Sounds from the Ground - Spectral EP
Is: Sounds from the Ground - In the Cool of the Shade EP
Next: Czesław Niemen - Enigmatic

Right now - Luscious Jackson electric honey

I've not aired this for a long time; it bobbles along nicely on the whole. Particularly like this track

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back