advertisement

What are you listening to right now #13?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yazoo - Upstairs At Eric's (cassette). Rescued from other half's car load of charity shop stuff following a day tidying the garage out (how rock 'n' roll huh?). Damn good in that lesser known genre of electronica/soul. Does leave one question though - Vince - Erasure - WHY?????????!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Rich

Little Walter- His Best (50th Anniversary Edition)

One of my favorite Chess artists- he "pwns" the harmonica. Reminds me of good times at a great BBQ joint I used to frequent. Roughneck bikers, cheep bear, great BBQ, and blues always playing. :)

adelhard roidinger....schattseite.... miroslav vitous...same....eberhard weber...chorus....art lande...desert patrol... all on vinyl (its sunday and vinyl only)

Charlie Mingus - Blues & Roots (LP). The absolute peak for me of Mingus' output. Genius.

Cheers

Rich

Have you got the Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, I was listening to that this morning and I had much the same thought myself :)

lordsummit said:
Have you got the Black Saint and the Sinner Lady, I was listening to that this morning and I had much the same thought myself :)

I have and its great but B&R pips it for me. Having said that Ah Um isn't bad either!

Cheers

Rich

Was: Pink Floyd, Echoes. Yes, really. I fancied hearing the early Syd singles again and this was in a sale, cheap. It's years since I've listened to the post-Syd stuff for any length of time. I haven't warmed to it as I've got older, it really is all piss and wind, flatus of the first order, totally lacking in humour or taste.

Now: Derek Bailey/Tony Bevan/Orphy Robinson/Ashley Wales/Mark Sanders/John Edwards, Bruise. Derek's last UK gig before his death, and a really good one (Bevan plays some fantastic whale-like noises on his bass sax). True virtuosity, but no pomposity, and plenty of wit, music that's completely focussed on exploring the moment of its creation, not content to rest on its fat arse.

http://www.allaboutjazz.com/php/article.php?id=21482

-- Ian

was: Owl Sounds – Cow on Mushrooms
Great, great free jazz. Clips can be found here

now: Alva Noto & Ryoji Ikeda – Cyclo
huuuummmmmmm (eeeeep, sssccckkkrrrhhrkc, eeeeepp) huummm

Ingrid Chavez - May 19, 1992

A Paisley Park release with heavy Prince influence. I've just read that she and David Sylvian are no longer married, as of 2005. Too bad; they seemed a good fit.

"The Wall"

Superb recording. It does not get any better than this!

The system is singing today.

Causa Sui-Causa Sui. Danish Pysch Rock with a hint of Kraut. On yellow and orange vinyl. What could be better on a bank holiday!

greetings david darling...dark wood....charles lloyd ...the call....gary burton...hotel hello.....hiener goebbles...the man in the elevator.... and finally giya kancheli....trauerfarbenes land...as you guessed all on ECM but unfortunately on cd......nevermind...count my blessings i can still acquire the music i love LONG REIGN ECM

rod said:
The name sounds more like an offshoot of the Gong family!
If you dared the soundclips you can hear that this shit is considerably further out than Gong and their pot-head pixies. You have made me fancy some oily way though.

Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run

Nickl's thread title put "Backstreets" into my head, so here I am. (Actually, I love this album. Always have.)

To the two Richards - you are both mistaken :). I'm playing Mingus's Town Hall Concert; far out genius, and what a line-up with Albert Ayler, Clifford Jordan, Jaki Byard, Dannie Richmond and Johnny Coles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back