advertisement

What are you listening to right now #11?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kasperhauser

pfm Member
Now playing: Rod Stewart - Never a Dull Moment

in honor of the "Rather Go Blind" thread. Ahh, Rod does it proud.

Up next: Lloyd Cole & the Commotions - Easy Pieces

Now:- C86. I had a rather sniffy attitude to this when it came out in an all-been-done-before-you-should-have-heard-fire engines-josef k-back-in-the-day-mate sort of way. It is actually damn good. Highlights so far - Stump, A Witness and Mighty, Mighty.

Cheers

Rich

Stump were superb, you need both albums (Quirk Out and A Furious Pancake). Kev Hopper was an incredible bass player.

Tony.

RickyC6 said:
Now:- C86. I had a rather sniffy attitude to this when it came out in an all-been-done-before-you-should-have-heard-fire engines-josef k-back-in-the-day-mate sort of way. It is actually damn good. Highlights so far - Stump, A Witness and Mighty, Mighty.

Cheers

Rich

Also The Mackenzies and Big Flame stand out as being very good. Never heard much of most of these bands afterwards though.....

Cheers

Rich

PS Searching for Stump vinyl next!

I think I've still got some Big Flame singles somewhere, they were on Ron Johnson Records IIRC. I remember Stump too, I think I saw them play once.

-- Ian

Now: Lenny Kaye's Nuggets compilation. The US release on vinyl. Just got it via eBay for a decent price and what a result. I knew it would be good but this is amazing - and the sound quality superb. Psych, pop, garage, blues all done in a totally off the wall way. The Amboy Dukes doing Baby Please Don't Go is mental!!
If you don't own this you should be shot - phew I'm in the clear.

Cheers

Rich

Nuggets is great, I've been listening to it regularly for years and always find a great new track I hadn't noticed before.

-- Ian

A John Peel show from June '87 which spookily has a session from Big Flame. Unfortunately they are doing a version of Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go at the mo :rolleyes:

Cheers

Rich

A Perfect Circle - Emotive

Not the best album ever, but since I only bought it for "...Levee..." and only paid a fiver, it will do fine.

FYI

A few of you out there seem to like The For Carnation. Well, since I recently scored a copy of their had to get debut EP, Marshmallows, I have noticed another copy on ebay - should anyone be looking for this. No connection, etc.

Link

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Ella Mae Morse - Very Best of

It boogies, it woogies. She bridges the gap between Ella Fitzgerald and The Andrews Sisters.

Was : "Scraping" - Calexico

Tremendous. Perhaps even better.

Rod - A Perfect Circle's albums get increasingly worse, IMO. For some reason The Thirteenth Step is my most played album, according to itunes.

AlexG said:
A Perfect Circle's albums get increasingly worse, IMO. For some reason The Thirteenth Step is my most played album, according to itunes.
It's all your fault I got this in the first place... but no complaints here! Do they have a "must have" album, or should I not really be too bothered?

rod said:
It's all your fault I got this in the first place... but no complaints here! Do they have a "must have" album, or should I not really be too bothered?

If you haven't got it, Lateralus. Although that's Tool, and not APC.

I'd say The Thirteenth Step, but approach with caution - more people hate it than don't. I love it, FWIW.

My mate had another ...Circle album, I would imagine it had to be one or t'other. I'll cop a listen first. Ta.

AlexG said:
If you haven't got it, Lateralus. Although that's Tool, and not APC.

I'd say The Thirteenth Step, but approach with caution - more people hate it than don't. I love it, FWIW.

I listened to 13th step a few times, liked a couple but not that many. Mer de Noms is the only one I really listened to. But Lateralus does wipe the floor with all of them. Though the picture disc lp is pretty crappy.

swing ding amigos - kings of culo

punk rock 'n roll putting me in the mood to drink a few beers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back