advertisement

[FS] Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Speakers - in Mahogany

Meirkat

pfm Member
These are my beautiful red mahogany Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary Speakers with matching stands. After setting them up in my listening room it soon became apparant they were just too large for the room.
I was so excited to get these, very detailed female vocals, treble sounding just right and powerful tuneful bass - IMHO of course.
I really like these speakers but unfortunately their size dominated and over powered my small room,
hence reluctant sale.
I purchased these brand new on 3rd July 2023, they're in perfect condition and complete.

Looking for around £950 please.

4 large (original) boxes so prefer cash on collection from Staffordshire.
Any questions, please ask thanks.

IMG-20230709-140047.jpg

IMG-20230709-140109.jpg

IMG-20230709-140137.jpg

IMG-20230709-140153.jpg

IMG-20230709-140207.jpg

IMG-20230709-140221.jpg

IMG-20230709-142422.jpg

IMG-20230709-142434.jpg

IMG-20230709-142805.jpg

IMG-20230709-142832.jpg

IMG-20230709-142902.jpg

IMG-20230709-142927.jpg

IMG-20230709-143023.jpg

IMG-20230709-143228.jpg

IMG-20230709-143251.jpg

IMG-20230709-143313.jpg

IMG-20230709-143336.jpg

IMG-20230709-143410.jpg

Hello All,
These lovely speakers are no longer for sale.
Unfortunately, I cannot afford to offer them for anything less than 900.
Thank you all for your interest.
Regards Roy.

PS Not sure if I need to do anything to remove this, - please could some one advise?

Dont give up on these. I have a pair, along with 15" Tannoys, JBL L100 75 Anniversary, KEF L50, to name a few! These Linton's are fab but do need a little taming as they have rear facing ports.

All of my speakers ports need tuning. I use fish filters!! No joke! 2x per port on the Linton's work for me. They somehow reduce bass energy without reducing articulation and extension.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08L7FPWM6/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Nice slippers.

I'm amazed they are made in China. Bearing in mind the easy assembly of a standard loudspeaker system, how can it be cheaper to ship the complete box from China? I can understand the drivers, but I remember the Japanese (e.g. Hitachi) used to do their assembly in UK simply to save shipping boxes of air from Japan.

Look nice though, in a retro sort of way. I hope you can get them to work. I like the fish finger idea :)

Them's me bezzie slippers :p

Thanks for the responses folks, I've ordered some of those fish filters to try Mike, - good idea!
I'm decorating the music room at the moment so they're still in their boxes. Somehow though I've still got to try and fit them in so they don't look to dominating.
Kind of glad I'm keeping them though.
Regards Roy.

I use the (supplied) foam bungs in a pair of big Monitor Audio speakers and they do help

I've had the Lintons for 6 months now, and they are the most pleasing speakers I've ever owned, as I used to struggle with stridency, which is likely my own hearing (which is fine btw). In my listening room they do create bass boom, which is only noticeable on a few recordings. But I've had alot of advice on how to treat that!! But I'm very happy with them overall, and they look great.

Dont give up on these. I have a pair, along with 15" Tannoys, JBL L100 75 Anniversary, KEF L50, to name a few! These Linton's are fab but do need a little taming as they have rear facing ports.

All of my speakers ports need tuning. I use fish filters!! No joke! 2x per port on the Linton's work for me. They somehow reduce bass energy without reducing articulation and extension.

Thanks, I'll give these a try.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Another thing you could try is to add a capacitor in series with the speakers and depending on the value of cap it makes the speaker roll off at a higher frequency so reducing bass output. Or you could put the cap between pre and power amp. I'm sure I've seen a video or read about it somewhere. Maybe worth looking into perhaps?

Another thing you could try is to add a capacitor in series with the speakers and depending on the value of cap it makes the speaker roll off at a higher frequency so reducing bass output. Or you could put the cap between pre and power amp. I'm sure I've seen a video or read about it somewhere. Maybe worth looking into perhaps?
Sounds complicated.

These made absolutely no difference to the bass boom in my room.

I have now decorated my room, and tried these 'fish filters' unfortunately without success.
So;

One more time ...
The first £850 gets them.

Regards.

About these speakers

I bought these speakers from a dealer in Leicester In the beginning of July.
When I unpacked and set them up on their stands I was struck by how beautiful a speaker they were, however it was also obvious that they didn’t fit in my room, they were just too large physically.
After listening to a couple of albums it also became apparent that they had too much bass for the room. These are the only reasons I am selling them, - they are beautifully made, unmarked and literally only had a couple of hours use. They have the little rubber feet to go between stand and speaker, the spike protectors for polished floors and even separate pairs of gloves for handling, – all unopened. The guarantee (3 yr) is also not yet triggered.
In a suitably sized room I believe these speakers have so much to offer, both sound wise and in looks, but unfortunately they are just too big for me.
I really consider them to be a bargain at £850.

advertisement

Back