advertisement

Well it was fun while it lasted...

^^^ I blame the model name. Scuderia? Sounds like a thing that veers off course and explodes in flames, doesn't it?

Scuderia appears to be an unfortunate combination of scud (missile) and diarrhoea.

""Officers asked the driver what sort of car he 'had' to which he replied 'it was a Ferrari'

it wasn't too observant of plod to have needed to ask, given that the prancing pony was still apparent in all the relevant places on the smouldering remains :)

They're a brutal car. A friend brought and sold one and a had a chance to sit shotgun whilst he gave it the beans... you need some talent to take a car like that near the limits. Seems like this guy lacked that talent.

Bit unlucky there you'd have to say. But at least it's a proper write off. Should ask the Police if they could drop him back to the dealership to order another one:)

They're a brutal car. A friend brought and sold one and a had a chance to sit shotgun whilst he gave it the beans... you need some talent to take a car like that near the limits. Seems like this guy lacked that talent.

Ive driven a couple of that model, and they are a tad twitchy, but it shouldn't have been anywhere near its limit if he was driving legally on the M1.

I drive an M5 which has similar power. It's a doddle to drive, even erm....quite rapidly.

These cars have traction control and lots of gizmo's to keep them drivable and safe. How he could write one off on the M1 which is hardly a challenging drive I have no idea, except perhaps he switched all the safety guff off, in which case he is a ****-nugget and deserves everything he got.

It was wet at the time if you read the article. He probably pulled out to overtake, gunned it and all of a sudden was looking out the side window at the Armco.

I drive an M5 which has similar power. It's a doddle to drive, even erm....quite rapidly.

These cars have traction control and lots of gizmo's to keep them drivable and safe. How he could write one off on the M1 which is hardly a challenging drive I have no idea, except perhaps he switched all the safety guff off, in which case he is a ****-nugget and deserves everything he got.

Yep - I'm guessing that's what happened.

Ive driven a couple of that model, and they are a tad twitchy, but it shouldn't have been anywhere near its limit if he was driving legally on the M1.

I very much doubt he was driving it legally, he'd have more than likely been giving it the beans.

An M5 is a very different car though, a joy to drive at any speed. Supercars tend to encourage fast driving IMO. I've owned a couple of M cars and have found myself quite happy tootling around in them most of the time... and grinning from ear to ear when I get the chance to open them up a bit.

I very much doubt he was driving it legally, he'd have more than likely been giving it the beans...

From the article the police believe he was driving at sensible speeds.

Whether he applied sensible force to the loud pedal before exiting stage left is another matter!

Not brutal at all, I drove one once around a track in Italy and it was almost disappointingly easy. Computers control the brakes, the differential and traction. You just press a button to change up or down. I think you can disable a lot of that stuff and it might be more fun. But certainly less "brutal" than my old 1987 Porsche 911, although with much more power.

Wet road, driver new to the car, and an ill-considered, hurried, overtaking manoeuvre.

Exactly. These are wonderful cars to drive in the dry, you can't really go wrong, but with 500hp as soon as those rear wheels light up in the wet you've lost it, and the first time this happens on a motorway you'll just back off and momentum would spin you round. I feel sorry for him/her!!

advertisement

Back