advertisement

We are basically pissing in the wind

CO2 rises and mean temperatures unchanged for 17 years. So all the graphs were wrong.

So many inconvenient truths for the AGW loons to suck up.

CO2 rises and mean temperatures unchanged for 17 years. So all the graphs were wrong.

So many inconvenient truths for the AGW loons to suck up.

Whether or not AGW is occurring is irrelevant. What needs to be addressed is the lunatic enviro-Mental religion of grand gestures and tokenistic sacrifice for bugger-all.

It's frustrating that we in the UK will sign up to a legally binding agreement on co2 reduction whilst recognising that other countries won't.....and I suspect the countries that won't are probably the ones that are big enough to be able to make a difference.

Unless there is a legally binding agreement where all significant countries agree to conform to the targets set, we shouldn't set ourselves up when the overall effect won't make a difference and spend the money that we would have used on ways to protect us from any potential effects like flooding.

There are plenty of challenges in human history where merely ordinary humans would have just given up, but extraordinary humans with pioneering efforts, collaboration and ingenuity enabled a collective upgrade to a safer, healthier, more productive existence. This situation is no different to that.

If not CO2, or AGW, then at least an intelligent approach to available resources is a sensible consideration.

"Limits to Growth was right. New research shows we're nearing collapse
Four decades after the book was published, Limit to Growth’s forecasts have been vindicated by new Australian research. Expect the early stages of global collapse to start appearing soon"

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ight-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse

The bulletin suggests that in 2013, the increase in CO2 was due not only to increased emissions but also to a reduced carbon uptake by the Earth's biosphere.

Uncontrolled population growth leading to deforestation is the real elephant in the room but the environ-Mental religious police will refuse to acknowledge this fact.

I read on the Internet* that 22% of all leccy worldwide is now green. I know 50% is green in Germany. So things are getting better despite discussions on audio forums.

I recommend Ovo for 100% green electricity. Diverting more funds into green tech is probably the most effective action.

* I know.

There are plenty of challenges in human history where merely ordinary humans would have just given up, but extraordinary humans with pioneering efforts, collaboration and ingenuity enabled a collective upgrade to a safer, healthier, more productive existence. This situation is no different to that.

If not CO2, or AGW, then at least an intelligent approach to available resources is a sensible consideration.

Four decades after the book was published, Limit to Growth’s forecasts have been vindicated by new Australian research. Expect the early stages of global collapse to start appearing soon"

http://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ight-new-research-shows-were-nearing-collapse

The analysis is correct. It points to uncontrolled population growth but your more-souls-the-better views are already known.

I read on the Internet* that 22% of all leccy worldwide is now green. I know 50% is green in Germany. So things are getting better despite discussions on audio forums.

I recommend Ovo for 100% green electricity. Diverting more funds into green tech is probably the most effective action.

* I know.

Precisely what effect is this having on CO2 levels?

Answer: the square root of fùck all.

Look just live your life the best you can and quit worrying about stuff you can't control.

We'll be in another world war within 10 years so get on with it.

Yes there has been plenty of challenges throughout history......but as everything grows, including and especially populations, the problem grows with it and to believe that we will always find a way because we always have in the past isn't a guarantee of the future. There's always a tipping point.

Plus we are more adverse and horrified about mass deaths due to illness or war as we understand that these are preventable. We value life more so now than before.

It's frustrating that we in the UK will sign up to a legally binding agreement on co2 reduction whilst recognising that other countries won't.....and I suspect the countries that won't are probably the ones that are big enough to be able to make a difference.

Unless there is a legally binding agreement where all significant countries agree to conform to the targets set, we shouldn't set ourselves up when the overall effect won't make a difference and spend the money that we would have used on ways to protect us from any potential effects like flooding.

Hear hear!

The analysis is correct. It points to uncontrolled population growth but your more-souls-the-better views are already known.
not "more souls the better", you could only draw that conclusion from my posts if you didn't read them properly.

My views on population are simply two-fold:
1. I don't support political controls on births as that is unethical and authoritarian.

2. People all over the world (with a small number of exceptions) are ALREADY choosing to have fewer children.

. I know 50% is green in Germany. So things are getting better despite discussions on audio forums.

* I know.

I've just cycled around Bavaria and the number of solar panels/farms and well - insulated eco - houses being built and converted is astonishing. The UK feels pretty backward and decrepit on return.

Funniest moment was people standing in front of the Eurostar escalator in Brussels (basically a part of the UK) waiting for it to start up in German energy saving fashion - it was, typically, just broken.

Even if you're a climate sceptic, surely cheaper energy bills might tempt you into the idea that building low energy houses (and vacuum cleaners!) and investing in renewables is a good thing?

Fossil fuel prices can only go up. I'm with Ecotricity and my electricity is now cheaper than the big companies.

Stephen

not "more souls the better", you could only draw that conclusion from my posts if you didn't read them properly.

My views on population are simply two-fold:
1. I don't support political controls on births as that is unethical and authoritarian.

2. People all over the world (with a small number of exceptions) are ALREADY choosing to have fewer children.

As a liberal I only support laws that are reasonably necessary.

Legislative controls on births are unfortunately reasonably necessary. Non-births are better than deaths further down the line.

Legislative controls on births are unfortunately reasonably necessary. Non-births are better than deaths further down the line.
but quite plainly this isn't true, given that birth rates are already falling dramatically, by choice.

It would seem that as the evidence is to the contrary, therefore legislation unnecessary, then it's hard to accept your claim to being a liberal.

What choice (or legislation) can't do is dramatically remove already alive people who are having fewer children. Perhaps that would your next port of call?

I've just cycled around Bavaria and the number of solar panels/farms and well - insulated eco - houses being built and converted is astonishing. The UK feels pretty backward and decrepit on return.

Funniest moment was people standing in front of the Eurostar escalator in Brussels (basically a part of the UK) waiting for it to start up in German energy saving fashion - it was, typically, just broken.

Even if you're a climate sceptic, surely cheaper energy bills might tempt you into the idea that building low energy houses (and vacuum cleaners!) and investing in renewables is a good thing?

Fossil fuel prices can only go up. I'm with Ecotricity and my electricity is now cheaper than the big companies.

Stephen

I agree with energy efficiency because it does not involve token sacrifice. I also support the development of renewable and sustainable energy (re)sources because fossil fuels are a finite resource steeped in geopolitical instability on so many levels.

I would like to think that in 30 years' time we will be exploiting mineral resources for plastics and pharmaceuticals only.

AGW has bugger-all to do with it.

In terms of anything connected with the environment you're far right verging on fascist, Steven.

Why do you hate this planet so much?

advertisement

Back