advertisement

War declared, Israel v Palestine...

Pinker, a man I used to have respect for, today was on the radio today defending police action against students In US universities. That has now gone.

I am appalled at the heavy handed treatment of student protests at US universities, these are supposed to be centers of education an free thinking, and their administrators pull in hooded police thugs and arrest many minor infractions.
The big American universities are very large businesses with huge endowments from many sources. They wouldn’t want to “sully” their reputation and allow legitimate protest as it might alienate their benefactors some of whom will be Jewish. Follow the money.

I’ve commented on here before, that the world-wide government support for Israel destroyed whatever lingering faith I had in democracy.

However, these protests have cheered me up slightly. It demonstrates that people are able to come to their own conclusions. That there are alternative flows of information. That people won’t stand by.

The question now is, which side will triumph? The answer could be fundamental to the future of humanity.

advertisement

Back