advertisement

[WTD] Wanted - Transatlantic Sessions CD Series 1 Vol 1 Or any that feature John Martyn

bencat

Amplifier Destroyer par excellence
BBC broadcast a series The Atlantic Sessions with Aly Bain as the presenter featured UK and US artists . When they finally put out the CD of some of the sessions was renamed as Transatlantic Sessions . Looking for the first series CD,s which feature John Martyn .

I have:
Transatlantic Sessions 2 - Volume One - John Martyn - Excuse Me Mister
Transatlantic Sessions 2 - Volume Two - John Martyn - He's got all the Whiskey

PM me if they're of interest.

Can’t help with the CD’s, but I love this version of Spencer the Rover from that program. He looks a right state but sings and plays it so beautifully - in spite of the slightly sickly accompaniment.

Wow, yes. Someone should have told Phil Cunningham (and at least one fiddler) to sit that one out, though.

I have:
Transatlantic Sessions 2 - Volume One - John Martyn - Excuse Me Mister
Transatlantic Sessions 2 - Volume Two - John Martyn - He's got all the Whiskey

PM me if they're of interest.
Thank you for the offer but I have been able to source both of those CD,s already . I was looking for the first series for the versions of May You Never and Solid Air .

@bencat

These tracks all appear on the John Martyn album ' the Church with One bell' - which is absolutely brilliant.
I've no idea if these are the versions you are after - but I wholly-recommend the album.

PS: JM also covers 'Strange fruit' on it. That, is spellbinding.

@martin clark Thanks I already have the original album along with 20 or so other John Martyn albums . The tracks here were recorded live in a Scottish Studio especially for the series and are very good alternative performances .

advertisement

Back