advertisement

Want to know how to clean your Mana and other hifi stuff? Read on...

windhoek

The Phoolosopher
A friend told me a while ago about a product he uses to keep his Mana clean. If you're familiar with Mana, you'll know it's a pain to keep clean! Anyway, the product he recommended was a 'Flatmate' by Lakeland priced £9.99. Just to be clear, were talking about a thing, not someone you share a house with.

I picked one up from my local Lakeland in Glasgow and it's fantastic. It easily slides between levels and under my kit too. Here is the link to the Flatmate @ Lakeland and below is a pic. If you click on the link you can even see a video of the Flatmate in action.

4700_1

Anytime I have to move anything, to change a valve, say. I'll make sure I dust underneath, there will be dust there.
I use one of those micro fibre cloths. Then shake it out of the window.
Does the dust affect the SQ?

If I’m in full domestic mode I use a product I got from IKEA. No idea what it’s called but it’s about 18 inches long, flattish brush, with bright green shag pile like tufts on it.

This bad boy gets between the base levels of my Hutter and under the IBL’s. Cost about three quid. Brilliant IMHO.

Oh lovely a dusting thread! I use a combination of a conventional yellow duster and a micro fibre cloth in baby blue. I do find I get a compulsion to dust under the stylus a bit like that one where you want to jump off high places. I'm also very worried about dust build up in the goo thing of my Amadeaus should I be concerned? Worried, Cumbria.

Dust is fine in silicone fluid but what really messes it up is fibres from carpets and clothing. It goes 'lumpy', very strange.

Dust on Linn stylus : use audio technical AT 637 or ‘green stuff’ or a little brush (with back to front movement)

Dust on CDs : use ROR residual oil remover. Also used for lenses.

Dust on LP record: use sleeve of jumper (JV recommended)

Dust between units on hifi cabinet - Astonish dust buster

Dust on spectacles : use calotherm cloth

Dust mites everywhere!

Have a hospital allergy test - see a red bump on arm appear if allergic to dust mites. I did.

Dust.

A friend told me a while ago about a product he uses to keep his Mana clean. If you're familiar with Mana, you'll know it's a pain to keep clean! Anyway, the product he recommended was a 'Flatmate' by Lakeland priced £9.99. Just to be clear, were talking about a thing, not someone you share a house with.

I picked one up from my local Lakeland in Glasgow and it's fantastic. It easily slides between levels and under my kit too. Here is the link to the Flatmate @ Lakeland and below is a pic. If you click on the link you can even see a video of the Flatmate in action.

4700_1

Windhoek,
There are dirty slaterns on PFM -as a casual glance at the readers' systems 2012 thread will attest. I simply hope the culprits will take heed if your thread.

i dust rarely,but its not that dusty around here. i occasionally use a make-up brush for the tt stylus.

advertisement

Back