advertisement

#wagathachristie

Call me cynical but I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it wasn’t a mutually-contrived pr stunt by the pair of them. In the absence of any natural talent, getting in the papers is what passes for “work” and is one very tiny rung up the ladder from goldigga.

Call me cynical but I wouldn’t be in the least bit surprised if it wasn’t a mutually-contrived pr stunt by the pair of them. In the absence of any natural talent, getting in the papers is what passes for “work” and is one very tiny rung up the ladder from goldigga.
Does it matter? It was a very funny & diverting twitter storm which provided a welcome break from all the other nonsense.

the most boring crass self endorsing poor shite,none story, tedious, crap ive had the misfortune to have seen, and it's on the bbc news, f34k sake soooo sad, and who the f23k cares ?

Maybe, but are the reports coming from the HoC any better ? No, they're worse. That's why we need such stories.

and who the f23k cares ?
I had the misfortune to chance upon this on the Daly Mail website.
There are currently over 2,000 viewers comments relating to this rubbish.
So the answer to your question is - quite a few people - and that really is the saddest part.

I found it all massively entertaining, especially amused by the quick wit of some people what with the various memes popping up almost instantaneously.

It was a welcome and surprising distraction from what is an otherwise horrendous flow of news; Brexit, Trump, Turkey and Syria, Extinctions Rebellion, etc. To have a laugh at something that doesn't matter doesn't mean that you take your eye off of what's actually important.

There are currently over 2,000 viewers comments relating to this rubbish.
Such as you are currently doing on pfm. About the Daily Mail, I don't know much about it but from what I can gather here, this story is almost of Pulitzer level compared to the rest you can read in there sorry lose your time with.

I far prefer funny stuff in the people columns to an accurately researched article about the current processes at the HoC you don't have any influence on anyway. At best, such an article would tell you that the current political system in the UK should be somewhat overthought. But I reckon you might already know this.

Last edited:
As cheese says above, beer and circuses. While people are occupied with a couple of footballers ' wives, the very definition of a pointless celebrity, they aren't watching what's really happening.
That is the point, a bit of distraction can be good, nobody just want to watch the news 24/7 or improving documentaries. The richest man in Hollywood did so on the back of a show 'about nothing'. The two are not mutually exclusive I can be politically engaged & enjoy this random guff.

I'm hoping the 2 wags in question call a truce, become besties again, get a bit fruity, someone leaks the "secretly" filmed making up and we can all enjoy that. It could 'appen............

I feel left out because I don't have the faintest idea who these people are, or what they have done, to warrant my attention. I'm assuming it's nothing to do with Brexit?

Depends what you define as news but even the most premium of titles carries gossip these days. A bit of light & shade etc, make a change from hearing about BJ & Brexit etc
if I want a bit of light relief, I give the au pair a certain wink!

The irony of all this is that the people who feign not to know who they are are probably the same middle class people who pretend to like football.

advertisement

Back