advertisement

[FS] VPi Prime Signature turntable

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
Finally got round to sorting out some pictures, so my much admired VPi Prime Signature is now definitely up for sale.

I purchased this ex-dem but as-new from Loud and Clear in 2019 and it's had light, but steady use since then. It is, as far as I can tell, in the same condition now as when I received it, perhaps with a little bit of extra dust in the more awkward corners (I dust carefully and infrequently, for obvious reasons!).

It's performed faultlessly since then. The sound is authoritative, powerful and very stable. Great scale and convincing dynamics, very speed stable, no warbling piano here! It comes with the 10.5" 3-D printed version of the renowned JMW unipivot tonearm, which sits on a base unit which allows VTL to be finely adjusted on the fly. The 3D printed version is light, stiff and non-resonant and widely regarded as a significant step up from the regular 9" aluminium arm wand.

I've used it with a Hana ML, which is not included but it's in the pics. I'll remove it before shipping.

I have all the original packaging, tools, etc, which will obviously be included. I also have a tube of the recommended silicone grease for lubing the bearing, which I will include.

These sell now for £6450, I'd like £3750, please, plus shipping.

I'm in Manchester, happy to arrange for collection if you're in the area, or may consider delivering myself for a sensible distance.

Pics to follow.

I heard the VPi Prime before I bought this. That’s a great deck, but the Sig is next level. Partly I think down to the stability in the constrained layer plinth with its aluminium inset layer (that’s not just trim, it’s a 3 layer sandwich construction), and the superior isolating feet; and partly down to the tonearm.

I remember using a VPi HRX for a few days a few years ago, and I don’t think this is very far at all from the performance of that deck.

Just to note that I'm going to the Bristol Show in Feb, so could meet any purchaser there to exchange, if that's helpful. I'm happy to deliver myself at no charge within about a 90 minute drive from Manchester.

I know there's the post-Christmas lull, and all that. But one way out of Blue Monday would be a spot of audio retail therapy, surely?

So, in an effort to spread the love and goodwill, I'm always open to sensible offers on this TT.

Something for the weekend, good sirs (and madames, obvs)? Just a weekend bump and an indication that offers in the region of £3300 would be likely to receive a favourable reception.

I can't believe this hasn't flown off the shelf! What an epic table for that kind of money!
Thank you, I agree, obvs!

Just imagine what a lovely Sunday some fishies could have, contemplating the arrival of their newly-purchased US mega-turntable.

Amazing turntable and a total and utter bargain.
Thanks Robby, and I have to agree (on both counts!)

The good news for any prospective purchasers who weren't able to pursue this over the weekend, is that it is very much still here. And I would very much like it not to be still here, fairly soon, not least because it's taking up an inordinate amount of space I need for something else!

So if you're in the mood for a turntable and tonearm both with a stellar, and well-deserved, reputation, and which isn't seen around all that often, then this is a rare opportunity to indulge.

Just a bump for this thread, noting that I'll accept offers around £3300, collected, and can help with delivery within an hour's drive of Manchester.

advertisement

Back