advertisement

+/- volt supply for Arcam

hi,
I'm not a forum techie, but I used a separate power supply for the Arcam using 1560's.
I soldered 4 together in a square two facing up and two facing down, from a 24-0-24 transformer.
and ran my board with 25 v straight into the original power in pins.
I ran a separate feed to the clock.

Probably doesn't help but I'm a novice in the transformer dep't, but it was a huge improvement.

dogrun.gif

I'm assuming you have two separate secondary windings (looks that way from your picture). If so, then it should look something like this:

PSU.jpg

The important thing is to get the secondary polarities right - they should be connected in series - one should sit on top of the other, if you see what I mean. The centre connection then becomes the 0V reference.

So 'positive' of one connects to 'negative' of the other & the other two ends each drive one side of the bridge.

Originally posted by fatmarley
Hi Ed,

Would it be ok to do it like this?

Yep that would be fine.

'john & jake's bridge is the way to do it - just check your K's & your A's with your capacitor polarity!

Originally posted by fatmarley
Every little helps.....

How's the new cd player coming on? have you got it sounding better than the Arcam?

Hi,
I'm very pleased with the Sony, I have only spent around 4 quid on caps for it the rest of the mods being free opamps.
It has overtaken the Arcam and with my Quad amped Exposure is making some seriously musical music.

I'm currently investigating a DIY DAC as I am very impressed with the Sony's transport.
dogrun.gif

advertisement

Back