advertisement

Vodafone Outage

Richard Nichola

pfm Member
Apparently a theft at a Vodafone data centre has caused a massive outage to Vodafone services in Southern England.

I wonder if this is actually the work of the UK uncut protestors? Going for data centres has the potential to cause much more of a problem for companies than occupying a shop.

Richard

Yes this is the new way of protesting.

Taking parts in marches, demonstrations and occupying shops is a bit old hat and annoys neutral people.

Proving that you can do things like this makes Vodaphone look weak and vunerable.

Whilst I do not like UK Uncut, they are certainly showing the old brigage a thing or two.

Regards

Mick

Well taking down people's mobile service over vast swathes of southern England is pretty annoying too.

Anyway this could have been a simple theft.

Richard

It is odds on it is a simple theft but UK Uncut have made it perfectly clear that IT damage is on their agenda.

We may not like it but it is going to be the new irritant.

Regards

Mick

Well taking down people's mobile service over vast swathes of southern England is pretty annoying too.

Anyway this could have been a simple theft.
BBC Radio Berks were reporting on it early this morning and trying to get a Vodaphone spokesman on the prog but they declined. Estimated to affect between 3 and 4 million customers.

It has it's upside though. Far more peaceful on the trains today and you can almost walk down the road without bumping into a girl texting or emailing...

Hi,

Any in an emergency the mobile phone service can be limited for use only by the emergency services.

So it is not just getting at mobile phone users it could cause potential damage in a disaster situation to the emergency services.

Cheers

John

Richard

Yes this is the new way of protesting.

Taking parts in marches, demonstrations and occupying shops is a bit old hat and annoys neutral people.

Proving that you can do things like this makes Vodaphone look weak and vunerable.

Whilst I do not like UK Uncut, they are certainly showing the old brigage a thing or two.

Regards

Mick

I'm glad you're not a journalist. There is absolutely no evidence that this has anything to do with Ukuncut.

Where's dim-span when we need him? We want a conspiracy theory that links the Vodafone outrage, the e-Bay virus, the Libyan hoo-hah, car boot sales, the 2011 census and Liverpool's appalling form this season and explains them all by reference to aliens, the Mayan calendar and Nostradamus:

'In the year of eleven and two thousand
Plague will spreadeth across the Bay
All names in the book will be writ
Riders in the metal horse will be struck dumb'

I'm glad you're not a journalist. There is absolutely no evidence that this has anything to do with Ukuncut.

Truk

I haven't said it was uncut, just answering Richard's point about them.

I am also glad not to be a journalist, most of them are intrusive lying scum with the morals of a sewer rat.

Regards

Mick

advertisement

Back