advertisement

[IC] Vitus RS-100 Poweramp

Gwantommo

pfm Member
I'm considering a move back to a 300B amp, ideally push pull not SET to have more drive. I have a silver Vitus RS-100 in perfect condition, which went back to Vitus in Denmark for a service and had 2 new power modules last June. The power modules are the latest ones from the RS-101, so this is essentially a 101 as that was the main difference between the old and new models.

Retail on a new 101 is £15k, I'd be looking at circa £4k for mine. The service, new modules and a new box cost a smidge under £2k.

If anyone has an interesting trade that would be an option as well. The amps in Nottingham area and shipping would be difficult as it's a 40kg beast of an amp.

Hi Gwantommo,

What finish (colour) is it?

I have a a Audio Research Ref 75 (upgraded to 75se spec) in black which is in very good condition if that would be of any interest for a trade? As I'm sure you will now it is does not have 300Bs, it runs on two KT 150s (together with two 6550s) per channel and provides a wonderfully open and 'realistic' sound.

All the best,

Steve.

Hi Gwantommo,

What finish (colour) is it?

I have a a Audio Research Ref 75 (upgraded to 75se spec) in black which is in very good condition if that would be of any interest for a trade? As I'm sure you will now it is does not have 300Bs, it runs on two KT 150s (together with two 6550s) per channel and provides a wonderfully open and 'realistic' sound.

All the best,

Steve.
Thanks Steve, that’s a nice amp but it’s a 300b I’m looking for.

advertisement

Back