advertisement

[WTD] Violin wanted

If she needs a better instrument you're best off going and trying some out and seeing what she likes. How old is she, what standard is she and where are you based? What size will she require? Budget? If she's a decent standard you can't really just buy an instrument for her. Shops like Paul Ayres in Manchester, Hamilton Caswell in Bristol, H George in Blackpool, and Ealing Strings in London will sell upgraded student instruments that might be good enough. If you on the other hand have a daughter who's looking at university/conservatoire, you need to carefully consider what you purchase. Happy to talk via pm. I'm a violinist/violin teacher, and do much work for the local music hub for context.

My daughter's old violin is up in the attic OP, she took violin lessons up to about age 14 she's 33 now so it's been up there a long time but it's in a case, let me know if you want me to take photos etc.

Hi,
Seeking a good quality violin for my daughter. She's beyond the starter type now.

Thanks
Ian
I have lots of violins, vintage and antique - I'm a time served violin maker and restorer and have been in the business since the eighties. If you're interested, let me know what standard your daughter plays to, any thoughts of her teacher and the sort of sound you have in mind. Oh, and budget too of course.

advertisement

Back