advertisement

Vinyl Storage and under floor heating

johnhunt

pfm Member
Impending divorce means me and my records are moving out. A place i have an offer in for has underfloor heating and the thought occured whether this would harm my records.

I already keep them in those 100 a cube cubes so there willl be a layer of chip board between them and the floor, and there will always be some closer to the floor.

Cheap metal shelving rack to lift them all off the floor?

My sympathies, btw... it's an unpleasant process.

Underfloor heating usually limits surface temps to about 27degrees C, so no worse than a warm summer day in terms of risk. Leaving the surface covered up will raise that a little bit of course.

Don't worry, you won't be able to afford to turn the floor on anyway!

If you haven't been through the process before it is quite easy to diy, did both mine with no legal fees. Paid about £40 to the court iirc, depends on you both agreeing terms but this is not a time in our lives when a £10k legal bill would be welcome; and that doesn't go far.
There is life after divorce, and it can be better than ever.
Good Luck.

She's an unpleasant woman!

John - to make you feel better - I went thru this 4 years ago.

I came home from work one night to find the contents of each cube, holding about 100 records or so, tipped out on my drive and front garden - several thousand records.

Hell hath no fury ............

John - to make you feel better - I went thru this 4 years ago.

I came home from work one night to find the contents of each cube, holding about 100 records or so, tipped out on my drive and front garden - several thousand records.

Indeed, she once stood at the top of the stairs and threw records at me...

She must have thought you'd done something that royally pissed her off.

Comiserations.

I'd assume that an additional lump of insulator should be fine as well.

I'm sort of intrigued as to what internet forum the soon to be ex Mrs jh is currently seeking succour on - black cat medium dot net, or maybe cauldron and newt dot com - reading the thread on making attractive plant pots from warm vinyl?

I wouldn't have thought underfloor heating would damage your vinyl under normal circumstances but what I would watch out for is the glue drying out on the album sleeves and coming unstuck.

advertisement

Back