advertisement

Vintage Tuner Servicing and Alignment Check

SteveS1

I heard that, pardon?
Looking to get a recently purchased Sansui TU 9500 checked over. Any recommendations in the SE M25/Kent/Surrey/Sussex area?

Steve

Theres a company in the north/north west london area , I'll do a bit of hunting and find their details , only problem is they quoted me £250 to do the job.

Looking to get a recently purchased Sansui TU 9500 checked over. Any recommendations in the SE M25/Kent/Surrey/Sussex area?

Steve
Henry on 01372 456921 [email protected]
Simply brilliant vintage equipment service engineer who runs the two Leatherhead audiojumbles too. He has all the gear for tuners. Next A/J 11th April (next weekend!)

Thanks for these guys, I appreciate it. It may be nearly 40 years old but is great sounding and I would like to maximise it. Overprint you have mail.

Steve

London sounds are the people ...you are looking at £200 plus....
London Sound are good but Henry would be less than half that price with turnaround in a couple of days or so....He has 2 workshops with all the equipment needed, 40 years of experience and keeps his overheads low by relying on recommendations. Brilliant engineer who knows Quad, Leak, Rogers etc inside out. He did my TU 9500 some time ago.

Usual disclaimers, just a highly satisfied customer.

Henry on 01372 456921 [email protected]
Simply brilliant vintage equipment service engineer who runs the two Leatherhead audiojumbles too. He has all the gear for tuners. Next A/J 11th April (next weekend!)

Well I have just collected my Sansui 9500 from Henry and can thoroughly recommend his services to fellow Pink Fishers. He has looked over the tuner's circuits, replacing caps where necessary and checked the alignment.

He also fitted new bulbs on the meters, changed the mains cable to a double insulated type and corrected the misreading dial. The bill came to £95 including parts and I'm very pleased with it. Sounds superb.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve

Well I have just collected my Sansui 9500 from Henry and can thoroughly recommend his services to fellow Pink Fishers. He has looked over the tuner's circuits, replacing caps where necessary and checked the alignment.

He also fitted new bulbs on the meters, changed the mains cable to a double insulated type and corrected the misreading dial. The bill came to £95 including parts and I'm very pleased with it. Sounds superb.

Thanks for the heads up.

Steve
Hi Steve Glad all was well with Henry. I would have been amazed though if he hadn't done a good job as I have absolute confidence in him with any hifi, period. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Time for Zener to check him out now..

I'll be passing that way in a couple of weeks , I'll drop it off , then pick it up a week later on my way back home.... cheers for the info.

Hi Steve Glad all was well with Henry. I would have been amazed though if he hadn't done a good job as I have absolute confidence in him with any hifi, period. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Time for Zener to check him out now..

Glad I read this thread- I sent my Troughline /T de P decoder to Henry for service and just received it back. Working beautifully. With a 4 element Yagi on the roof, the magic eye closes right down and that stereo l.e.d on the decoder lights up-what a pleasure to have very quick economical and courteous service.

HI, ARE THERE SIMILAR HI QUALITY SERVICE ENGINEERS NEAR NOTTINGHAM
I AM THINKING OF GETTING A VINTAGE TUNER. ANY HELP INFO
DOUG

advertisement

Back