advertisement

Vintage SUT for Denon DL-103

I have a Midas bodied DL103 that I've never gotten around to setting up and trying. I'm tempted to invest in a SUT and hook it up to my Croft Phono Integrated.

The obvious choice would be one the various Denon AU-300 (etc) SUTs which were designed to be used with it. There seem to be loads around.

Though I noticed the Fidelity Research FRT-3 can be had for about the same (~£150) and is well liked. It's also titchy which I like.

What should I go for?

Another option to consider is the Denon HA500 headamp which works very well and delivers a punchy performance with the DL103.

What about the Deco transformer? Everything else they do seems to be pretty good.

Always useful to have a SUT with more than 1 setting, unless you never change cartridge type. A switchable 1:10/1:20 will cover most. By the way the Deco mentioned above is a 1:20. Will not fit the 40 Ohm DL 103 ( that prefers a 1:10 or 470 Ohm)

Always useful to have a SUT with more than 1 setting, unless you never change cartridge type. A switchable 1:10/1:20 will cover most. By the way the Deco mentioned above is a 1:20. Will not fit the 40 Ohm DL 103 ( that prefers a 1:10 or 470 Ohm)
Thanks. Unlikely to be investing in any other MCs at the mo - I'm just curious to try this 103 as it's been sitting on a shelf for a decade.

Trying to avoid getting too caught up in ohmage and impedance electrickery.

advertisement

Back