advertisement

Vintage Exposure kit

I loved my VI,VII,VIII, bought new in 1989, for 20 years. They then went into landfill. They needed a service but I couldn't be bothered, I moved on to an ATC 150wpc integrated.

Aaaaggghhhh.....don't keep on doin' this!!!!

Sorry. It will be interesting to see what the ebay ones go for. I thought they were not worth that much after 20 years and little traction then in the classic amplifier market.

The salesman demonstrated Exposure, Naim and Linn amplifiers in an LP12/Isobarik system and was very rude to me when I chose the Exposures. I got the demo amps at full price and he seemed to be happy to see them go! I guess politics were involved.

Sorry. It will be interesting to see what the ebay ones go for. I thought they were not worth that much after 20 years and little traction then in the classic amplifier market.

The salesman demonstrated Exposure, Naim and Linn amplifiers in an LP12/Isobarik system and was very rude to me when I chose the Exposures. I got the demo amps at full price and he seemed to be happy to see them go! I guess politics were involved.
Can't help thinkin' that they're a bit over the top...price-wise!!
I'm looking for a IV ...at the right price...perhaps needing some attention.
Needle in a haystack....!! :)

Lovely little set up, this will sound superb. Reminds me of my early Exposure days in the 1980's.

At the price I would have liked to see two VI psu or even a XII psu (very rare now) but you are paying EBAY prices with all the costs involved for the seller.

The pre-amp VII is a peach with the independent regulation for the onboard MM/MC phono stage and you can with a basic wiring mod power this with a separate psu which is the direction Exposure went with their statement XIV pre-amp.

Condition looks good and each unit sold on its own would would achieve close to this price.

Exposure at this point in time were known to be over engineering their units for longevity. A good buy for some lucky person. I have no connection to the seller.

Lovely little set up, this will sound superb. Reminds me of my early Exposure days in the 1980's.

At the price I would have liked to see two VI psu or even a XII psu (very rare now) but you are paying EBAY prices with all the costs involved for the seller.

The pre-amp VII is a peach with the independent regulation for the onboard MM/MC phono stage and you can with a basic wiring mod power this with a separate psu which is the direction Exposure went with their statement XIV pre-amp.

Condition looks good and each unit sold on its own would would achieve close to this price.

Exposure at this point in time were known to be over engineering their units for longevity. A good buy for some lucky person. I have no connection to the seller.
i'm looking psu for vii pre

I see that one of these sets has now sold.
Did anyone here at PF buy ?
....seems that occasionally....some items show 'green' in completed items....only to appear a few days later for sale once more!!
(There's a XXVIII on there (ebay) currently that has 'sold'' a couple of times...but is once again on offer from the same seller):rolleyes:

Having said that....it might well have sold!!

Last edited:
Crikey, I bought an identical set plus an expander for £220 about 15 years ago. You virtually couldn't give Expo stuff away in those days! Serviced it all up and moved most of it on to very good homes (not that it really needed servicing). The Super VIII is still here.

advertisement

Back