advertisement

Video Editing Software

John Channing

fruit box forever
I have some large (10-15Gb) video files from a conference that I need to split up and edit into individual talks. What free or low cost (<£50) would you recommend to do this? I am using Window 10.

DaVici Resolve downloadable for free from Blackmagicdesign.com

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve

This is a free version minus a couple of really high end tools in the paid for version that you won't need. It's quite a capable editor and colour corrector that you can really go to town with.

Mac and Linux versions are also available for free. Go to the bottom of the page and download the non-studio Resolve update for your OS.

Thanks, I found a free 30 day trial of PowerDirector how does DaVici Resolve compare?

If you're just cutting videos up then I'm sure PowerDirector will do what you need. Resolve is used by major studios and production companies. The learning curve will be different of course. If you have an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription then Premiere is one of the other tools of choice of the professionals.

Another +1 for PowerDirector. I have trained a lot of our less technical people to use it. You mainly have to remember to get the video into the right place when you start the project. Also to use a vanilla project or you end up with lift music.

advertisement

Back