advertisement

Very old turntable - charity shop

gordonscobie

pfm Member
Just saw a Dynatron Mazurka turntable in a charity shop. Has a built in amplifier, with options for bass, treble, balance and three other options in T, G and R. Not sure what these are for.

Also has a loudness switch and a switch for S filter. It is also hm appointed by HM Qeeen!

Not sure who made Dynatron, but IIRC, it was sort of marketed a bit like B&O. 'Up market pretensions'... My pal's Dad bought one of their music centre type things in the early 60s.

Here you go:

Dynatron was founded by the Hacker brothers ion the 1920s, bought by Ekco in the 1950s, Ekco merged with Pye in the 60s, then sold to Philips in the late 60s. Philips sold the brand on to Roberts Radio in the 80s. I can vaguely remember seeing one of their record players in a shop in Hastings, sometime in the 1960s.

Decent record player. They usually had a Garrard deck, which was a sign of quality in those days! The one I owned had an SP25Mk2 and an MM cartridge.

I purchased a Dynatron turntable perhaps 45years ago it was a GL75 fitted with a G800 cartridge. It came in a lovely rosewood plinth.

I replaced the 800 with a Shure M75ed not long after purchase.

I purchased a Dynatron turntable perhaps 45years ago it was a GL75 fitted with a G800 cartridge. It came in a lovely rosewood plinth.

I replaced the 800 with a Shure M75ed not long after purchase.

I still have a pair of these in storage in my workshop. Both of mine have GL78 motor units.

I have one with a Lenco GL78. When I have time and the inclination I'll rehouse the Lenco as the amp is pretty ordinary. If I ever get around to it, it will be a bit of a shame as it's all in very nice condition.

advertisement

Back