advertisement

Vegan diet

Central Audio

Trade Central Audio
I have been following a vegan diet for the last 3 years but I’m thinking of coming off it, the reason being I don’t think I’m eating a good vegan diet and feeling the effect of that, it will be much easier to eat my wife’s cooking ( she isn’t vegan ).

Anyone with similar experience ?

Been vegan for about 7 years and find it easy to maintain and healthy too. Most of what I eat is simple whole foods. What are you eating that makes you think of stopping it? I know it’s a lot easier the last year or so to get processed vegan foods in supermarkets, is it that stuff you’re having too much of?

Almost vegan for many years.
Became 100% vegan earlier this year and delighted feeling healthier.
Helped cutting out a few vegetarian items that had sugar in them

I do the cooking which is a doddle
Tonight Richmond vegan sausages in the grill
Carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli, leak and pasta in the steamer
Yummy

Richmond vegan sausages taste just like the pork ones, horrible.

Richmond pork sausages contain meat?
I thought it was all filler and they had a pork chop at the end of the conveyor that each pack passed by so they could claim that there has been pork within 3 feet of them....

Just made us a Tuk Tuk salad to Allegra McEvedy's recipe. We haven’t had it for a few years, so it was really refreshing.

Richmond pork sausages contain meat?
I thought it was all filler and they had a pork chop at the end of the conveyor that each pack passed by so they could claim that there has been pork within 3 feet of them....

Homeopathic pork?

I came across Vegan 45 years ago. There was this rather portly girl that you couldn’t talk to for more than a few minutes without it being introduced into the conversation. Her later husband set up the first organic retail outlet in Cornwall and has done well over the years. She was a bore but it was just part of the eccentric views you found in Cornwall at the time. It attracts the peculiar….

I came across Vegan 45 years ago. There was this rather portly girl that you couldn’t talk to for more than a few minutes without it being introduced into the conversation. Her later husband set up the first organic retail outlet in Cornwall and has done well over the years. She was a bore but it was just part of the eccentric views you found in Cornwall at the time. It attracts the peculiar….

Yes, maybe it did 45 years ago. But now it's mainstream and people who weren't going to be born for another two decades 45 years ago don't give a flying one if grandad thinks they're weird.

Yes, maybe it did 45 years ago. But now it's mainstream and people who weren't going to be born for another two decades 45 years ago don't give a flying one if grandad thinks they're weird.
I’ve no beef about it. It’s just dfficult to get the essentials when you cut so much out of your diet.

I have been following a vegan diet for the last 3 years but I’m thinking of coming off it, the reason being I don’t think I’m eating a good vegan diet and feeling the effect of that, it will be much easier to eat my wife’s cooking ( she isn’t vegan ).

Anyone with similar experience ?
good idea Anthony, I walk round supermarket with my bro and get very frustrated!! Can't eat this , can't eat that !! Wow ...

I’m told by my vegan son that veganism is a set of principles whereas a plant-based diet is the same food but without the vegan principles. Hopefully this makes sense!

Certainly I’m more plant-based nowadays but not entirely. I’m not vegan as I accept some “exploitation” of animals.

If you look at the world without humans most survive by eating other occupants of this world alive. It’s very awful but it’s how it is rather than how we wish it to be.

If you look at the world without humans most survive by eating other occupants of this world alive. It’s very awful but it’s how it is rather than how we wish it to be.
Some of the ones we eat a lot of are not carnivores or omnivores, so we’ve picked on the wrong animals :-(

I had a long chat with a full-on vegan a while back. She was a lecturer on a philosophy course I was doing, an ordained priest and a very interesting person! Based on what she said, it seemed to me that veganism was a very difficult set of philosophical and practical principles to live by, and that a strictly vegan world would seem a very strange place to most of us. It's not just what you eat: there would be no domestic animals, no pets, no exploiting bees by putting them in hives and exploiting them as pollinators, so no honey, and definitely no insecticides, fungicides or herbicides etc. etc. etc. It struck me it would be almost impossible for the great mass of humanity in the world today to live a truly vegan lifestyle and not starve. I thing vegetarianism has more chance of success. Veganism strikes me as a western middle-class affectation.

... I walk round supermarket with my bro and get very frustrated!! Can't eat this , can't eat that !! Wow ...
You/he can, but choose not to. I have too.

It's not that limiting in terms of variety and interesting meals. My wife and I subscribe to a plant-based My Food Bag. Not only is it convenient, but it takes the hassle of thinking what to cook and what to buy at the supermarket. Our supermarket shopping these days are mainly for beer and crisps.

advertisement

Back