advertisement

Vaping on buses and trains

hifinutt

hifinutt
Rules around e-cigarettes should be relaxed so they can be more widely used and accepted in society, says a report by MPs.

Vaping is much less harmful than normal cigarettes and e-cigarettes should be made available on prescription to help more people quit smoking, it said.

The report also asks the government to consider their use on buses and trains.

There is no evidence e-cigarettes are a gateway into smoking for young people, Public Health England said.

The report on e-cigarettes, by the science and technology MPs' committee, said they were too often overlooked by the NHS as a tool to help people stop smoking.

For example, it said it was "unacceptable" that a third of the 50 NHS mental health trusts in England had a ban on e-cigarettes on their premises, when there was a "negligible health risk" from second hand e-cigarette vapour.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-45212444

Are these guys bonkers ? have you sat on a bus and had this vapour puffed in your face ? its not that pleasant and why should you have to inhale it ? any i being unreasonable ?

Even if the vapour itself is harmless, surely the act of vaping leads to expelling more moisture from lungs etc, so surely an increased risk of spreading infections? I'd put it in a similar category to farting in public places - not illegal but definitely anti-social!

I currently use the train, to get exercise and to reduce my carbon footprint.

Goodness knows what’s in vaping solutions, and goodness knows what inhaling it long term actually does.

If vaping on trains is allowed I’ll be straight back into my car.

Completely unreasonable yes. Anti smoking nazi-ism is it seems the norm in these uncivilised times.... There will be "who dealt it" anti farting Stazi on buses at this rate:p

Vaping on buses should definitely be banned. Vamping on the other hand...
annex-todd-thelma-vamping-venus_01.jpg

Manchester Pride next week should put the trannys on the trams.

Last edited:
Problem is, in a confined area such as a restaurant, bus or plane, if a plume of smoke/vapour appears, someone is going to have to police whether it’s coming from a vape, or a cigarette.

I don't vape in the house, I wouldn't want to vape on the train. Maybe a vaping carriage?

Even if the vapour itself is harmless, surely the act of vaping leads to expelling more moisture from lungs etc, so surely an increased risk of spreading infections? I'd put it in a similar category to farting in public places - not illegal but definitely anti-social!
Well, up to a point, but vaping is purely voluntary and farting may be involuntary if you are not careful.

i occasionally join the plebeians for a game of Bingo .(It stops me from becoming unbearably smug and Middle Class) Smokers have been banished to a covered but unheated outdoor space. So.. the smart money sits inside all bloody night vaping their heads off and then have a cig in their mouths ready for ignition as they're leaving the building at the end of the night.

Let's be real about this. It took the vested interests the best part of a century to admit that smoking tobacco and 'passive smoking' is harmful. Some still refuse. Are we going to go through the same pantomime with vaping? It's a handy tool for giving up tobacco. As a long term lifestyle choice it's crazy.

advertisement

Back