advertisement

Van Damme blue- why little love?

Astonishing that a cable used in recording studios, and presumably what was used to record a large amount of the music owned by members is deemed by some not good enough for home hifi.

Says more about the neurosis and mental health of some of the members than it does about the cable.

Astonishing that a cable used in recording studios, and presumably what was used to record a large amount of the music owned by members is deemed by some not good enough for home hifi.

Says more about the neurosis and mental health of some of the members than it does about the cable.
I guess you're thinking of all that perfectly recorded and mastered music that no-one ever complains about.

Why are you using at home only the same cables which used in studio? Why not also source, amplifiers, speakers, room treatment? Are they not as good for home as cables? Everybody should have studio at home!

I am, Kii THREE, Dutch&Dutch 8C, ATC,Manger, Geithain studio monitors, RME and Benchmark DACs and Mogami cable.
The new breed of studio monitors are at the very cutting edge in terms of sound quality, pro audio equipment measures superbly and is hugely reliable, the lower ‘pro’ margins make the equipment relatively inexpensive.
However they don’t come in ‘milled from solid’ enclosures.
Keith

Why are you using at home only the same cables which used in studio? Why not also source, amplifiers, speakers, room treatment? Are they not as good for home as cables? Everybody should have studio at home!
I am, Tannoy, active JBL, Benchmark2 dac, AllDSP crossover, quad core balanced interconnects, BBC/Quad amps....

I am; a Quad 303 driving 15” Tannoys in huge Lockwood cabs. The default UK studio monitoring rig for decades. Chances are much of your music collection will have been monitored/created via such a system. If you like film (James Bond, Ipcress Files etc etc) maybe through my actual Lockwood cabs as they initially served in Cine-Tele Sound Studios Bayswater in the ‘60s. They were later used at Toe Rag Studios for The White Stripes ‘Elephant’, so when you see a crowd of folk singing ‘Oh Jeremy Corbyn’ to the tune of ‘Seven Nation Army’ that chant started its journey through my Lockwoods!

Yo, Big T. Glad to see you're still running big Tannoys. I sold my Lancasters before we moved to Berlin but I'm now making do with a nice old pair of Chatsworths. Big Tannoys still rule. Very child friendly too, Dora loves listening to them and can't knock them over or otherwise damage them even if she runs into them at full pelt.

Yo, Big T. Glad to see you're still running big Tannoys. I sold my Lancasters before we moved to Berlin but I'm now making do with a nice old pair of Chatsworths. Big Tannoys still rule. Very child friendly too, Dora loves listening to them and can't knock them over or otherwise damage them even if she runs into them at full pelt.

Yes, still very much big Tannoys here!

23474706344_013e253881_b.jpg

I’d have loved to have access to a system and music collection such as yours at Dora’s age, she is one lucky kid! Have you got her into Coltrane yet?

The legend returns.

Yay, Patrick. How the hell are you?

Dora's not a jazz fan yet. Her current favourite song is Zappa's San Berdino. We like to sing it together. "She lives in Mojave in a Winnebago, his name is Bobby he looks like a potato". She's also a massive Steely Dan fan. Midnight Cruiser is the one she most likes at the moment. 5 years old and she's already a world-weary New York Jewish cynic.

"Tell me where are you driving
Midnight cruiser
Where is your bounty
Of fortune and fame
I am another
Gentlemen loser
Drive me to Harlem
Or somewhere the same"

All good here. Just moved house and it's chaos. I only came back here to buy an SPU. But I'm working from home this week so I might end up on here a lot :)

advertisement

Back