advertisement

Value of a tensai td8550 turntable

Dream harder

Hi there
I've inherited a few vintage hifi items including a Tensai td8550 turntable in pretty good condition for its age,very light scratches to lid ..plugged it in and it seems to work ok I don't want to keep it but a vintage enthusiast might but not sure of its current value
Thanks in advance

Close to zero value from what i recall of Tensai

It was made for the household goods market not hifi

A quick search reveals one for sale at £40 which seems fair. If a Dual fetches £50 and up then something like this that looks the part ought to be worth £40 all day long.

A quick search reveals one for sale at £40 which seems fair. If a Dual fetches £50 and up then something like this that looks the part ought to be worth £40 all day long.

If a Dual can only fetch £50 and up, then a Tensai should be fetching 50p and up! :confused:

I know which I could sell quicker. I have a dual in the Classifieds, and Gumtree, I think £50. Not a bloody sniff.

I had a 1219 Dual for sale for over a year, one enquiry on here and another on AOS, dropped the price offered postage, delivery etc no interest or offers whatsoever however it's a good deck (completely refurbed) so I'm keeping it.

a
I had a 1219 Dual for sale for over a year, one enquiry on here and another on AOS, dropped the price offered postage, delivery etc no interest or offers whatsoever however it's a good deck (completely refurbed) so I'm keeping it.

duals can be very different things to tensai and may survive well given build quality

a

duals can be very different things to tensai and may survive well given build quality

Thanks Ian, I was surprised there was such little interest, it's basically a brand new deck with a new plinth and Shure cartridge & Jelco stylus the only thing it hasn't got is a cover but you can buy them custom made on ebay for about £80.

I rarely play records these days but it's fine for whenever I do stick on one the TT.

BTW, apologies to the OP for going off topic.

I just sold a dead Dual 506 with a lid and a Dual badge for £10. The lid fits a 505, the buyer was delighted. I'm sure a similar solution is out there for a 1219. In point of fact I have more success selling them as lids than as decks. I had a Goldring GR1, no arm, couldn't give the thing away. Eventually sold the lid here to a Rega owner and the motor and bearing to a DIYer and made more money.

I just sold a dead Dual 506 with a lid and a Dual badge for £10. The lid fits a 505, the buyer was delighted. I'm sure a similar solution is out there for a 1219. In point of fact I have more success selling them as lids than as decks. I had a Goldring GR1, no arm, couldn't give the thing away. Eventually sold the lid here to a Rega owner and the motor and bearing to a DIYer and made more money.

I paid about £600 (€650) for the deck and plinth delivered from Germany Steve, that price is probably the reason there was no interest although I did drop the asking price at one point to £450.

The advert is still live somewhere out there in the ether, must bump it.

Ah, I didn't realise that was the price. You are near Garrard money there and a basic, unmolested Lenco is cheaper, so you would have to especially want the Dual.

Ah, I didn't realise that was the price. You are near Garrard money there and a basic, unmolested Lenco is cheaper, so you would have to especially want the Dual.

Just bumped the advert, don't want to post a link here for obvious reasons.

I bought it for the looks and the refurb and it's incredibly easy to use, it came with all accessories too, the guy's workmanship is excellent especially the plinth, it's a bit of a dust collector though without a cover. I'll maybe get round to buying a cover but I'm in no rush to spend any more dosh on it.

I paid about £600 (€650) for the deck and plinth delivered from Germany Steve, that price is probably the reason there was no interest although I did drop the asking price at one point to £450.

The advert is still live somewhere out there in the ether, must bump it.
is it one of the very posh DD types with semi auto arms...we need pics

and of the tensai ...

is it one of the very posh DD types with semi auto arms...we need pics

and of the tensai ...

24b67mq.jpg

2vkjp5k.jpg

advertisement

Back