advertisement

Valhalla power cord

willyboy

Does anyone know of an ideal diy substitute for the Valhalla power cord, having similar flexibility and sonic virtues to original? As interim measure I'm using bog standard Maplin twin-core.

What, you mean the mains lead?

If so, I have the mains lead I took off my LP12 when moving from Valhalla to Geddon, if you're interested....

Ahhh.... <cough> I'll have to see if I can find it...

To be honest, it was nothing special - fairly chunky 3 core mains lead. If I can dig it out, you can have it.

Thank you again RichardH. Seems your power cord,damn it I mean mains lead, might be even more agricultural than mine-especially with 3 cores rather than a mere 2. I'll trouble you not but thank you for kind gesture.
Yours
willyboy

Willyboy - I have some shielded 3 core cable if you're interested, and a few ferrite cores etc if you want to play. You are referring to the lead that runs from mains plug to the connector on the Valhalla, aren't you? Not armlead cables or anything? As if you only have 2 core, then surely the LP12 isn't earthed???

Richard

Richard I am indeed using twin-core(ie no earth) and must be certifiable since this arrangement has existed since about 1984/5 when the valhalla was installed; without mishap or perceived detriment to sound. The makeshift maplin lead replaced(wait for it!) a twin-core lead of linn origin. I'll mention in passing that the
deck has been in my possession since 1974 and has teak plinth and outer platter with felt insert to underside of rim, original bearing and non-employed prop-up lid-----and will still blow away a cd12. How flat can you get? When you've time and inclination I'd like to avail myself of a length of your 3core shielded since I'm also an inveterate fiddler.
willyboy

PM me your address and I'll pop a length in the post - no charge - it's only 70p a metre or something.

Sounds a cracker of a Linn - you need to post some pics.....

advertisement

Back