advertisement

Vaccine recipients....

I've been held up showing the UK app to people in Germany, where I work. So I am vaccinating here and the UK too. I also live in France and there was a stupid comment coming from the French prime minister last year, threatening to not recognise the UK vaccinations because they were made in India. So I am insuring myself against the current political willy waving that seems to come from the French.

I've been held up showing the UK app to people in Germany, where I work. So I am vaccinating here and the UK too. I also live in France and there was a stupid comment coming from the French prime minister last year, threatening to not recognise the UK vaccinations because they were made in India. So I am insuring myself against the current political willy waving that seems to come from the French.
I think you will find the French government has been systematically ensuring that decisions taken by the UK government with respect to EU vaccinations etc. are reciprocated. So when some genius in Whitehall decided that only UK-administered vaccinations* would allow double-vaccinated visitors to the UK (or returning expats) to avoid a useless and costly 10-day isolation period, the French reciprocated. They've been a bit bloody-minded about it, but it has worked and the British policy was reversed a short while after that.
https://www.euronews.com/travel/202...jabbed-europeans-forced-to-self-isolate-in-uk

*using the exact same vaccines as in the EU; in many cases vaccines actually made in the EU.

Better add 'illogical behaviour' as a covid vaccine side effect.;)

Would you rather have covid?
I think you may have misunderstood. I have had both vaccines & would have preferred the pfizer for my booster. Most round here have had this with symptoms lasting around 2 or 3 days, a week at most & those who had the Moderna round here have been quite unwell, me included. I wish i had waited a week & had the pfizer at my local doctors surgery, hence the regret.

I have a very high tolerance for illness but this is quite nasty. My heart is constantly pounding & my pulse is racing when i'm resting or up & about. Horrible, all night long & i have zero energy. Tried contacting 111, they told me to contact my Doctor who won't answer the phone. I'm not one for rushing off to the hospital until absolutely necessary.

Clearly no one would 'rather have covid' (what a mindless and unsympathetic thing to say) but it doesn't diminish the very unpleasant experience some have had with the Moderna booster, my partner also 'regrets' getting the Moderna booster and will refuse it next time if offered-she was so ill with it she tested herself everyday for covid.

IIRC the Moderna vaccine has a higher dose of the active ingredient: does anybody know if this is the same for the booster doses? Pfizer booster is half the normal Pfizer dose.

I think you may have misunderstood. I have had both vaccines & would have preferred the pfizer for my booster. Most round here have had this with symptoms lasting around 2 or 3 days, a week at most & those who had the Moderna round here have been quite unwell, me included. I wish i had waited a week & had the pfizer at my local doctors surgery, hence the regret.

I have a very high tolerance for illness but this is quite nasty. My heart is constantly pounding & my pulse is racing when i'm resting or up & about. Horrible, all night long & i have zero energy. Tried contacting 111, they told me to contact my Doctor who won't answer the phone. I'm not one for rushing off to the hospital until absolutely necessary.
Out of interest, have you done a lateral flow test? You might actually have Covid, if this has gone beyond the usual couple of days.

IIRC the Moderna vaccine has a higher dose of the active ingredient: does anybody know if this is the same for the booster doses? Pfizer booster is half the normal Pfizer dose.
I read they are all the same for adults 1.8mL of Pfizer.

I had my 3rd jab beginning of Oct Pfizer plus the Flu jab in other arm (1 and 2 were Az) and was told I’m getting a booster, dunno what, originally they said 6 months but now I think it may be 3 months from my 3rd. My immuno system is kaput hence the early ish 3rd. No side effects at all bar a tiny lump where the needles went in for all 4 jabs.

The Mrs had a really rough time with first Az and was off work a few days, less side effects with second Az but yesterday had booster and is feeling pretty poorly at present aches and pains, she has no underlying health probs.

I gather that an excessive number of jabs can cause the recipient to flood the internet with wild incoherent posts......oh, sorry, you only had the jabs relatively recently.:)

I was booked in for a Moderna booster yesterday, she said it was half a dose. When I arrived it was Pfitzer....also half a dose.

I gather that an excessive number of jabs can cause the recipient to flood the internet with wild incoherent posts......oh, sorry, you only had the jabs relatively recently.:)
Whatever, in a hotel in Hanover 3 weeks ago, he would not let me check in with my UK version of the qr codes, his system did not recognise them. So instead of pushing the point I just got the French codes out and he let me in.

I think you will find the French government has been systematically ensuring that decisions taken by the UK government with respect to EU vaccinations etc. are reciprocated. So when some genius in Whitehall decided that only UK-administered vaccinations* would allow double-vaccinated visitors to the UK (or returning expats) to avoid a useless and costly 10-day isolation period, the French reciprocated. They've been a bit bloody-minded about it, but it has worked and the British policy was reversed a short while after that.
https://www.euronews.com/travel/202...jabbed-europeans-forced-to-self-isolate-in-uk

*using the exact same vaccines as in the EU; in many cases vaccines actually made in the EU.
I have no doubt the shenanigans go back and forth. I'm not saying UK is better than France, but remember I'm not French and I live in France. Based on what the French prime minister was saying, I had reasonble doubt that I might not be let back in without the French version.

Friends who have had the Moderna has a more pronounced short term reaction a little flu-like for a day or so, a bit like some of us did with the first AZ. The others who had the Pfizer just reported a slightly sore arm but no such reaction.

advertisement

Back