advertisement

Using Mac Book Pro & Caiman

linnnaim

pfm Member
Using the above with Itunes at the moment aiff mainly. Caiman is gatorized plus various upgrades & superunleaded etc. I was offered a 3 year old akurate DS/1 for about £2.5k which against £4.5k sounds like a bargain. But a lot of money - just looking at the experience of others moving from what I have to what is out there without the Bank Manager having apoplexy. Cheers :D

The akurate DS is better than any DAC/laptop combo I have heard by quite a margin. It's absolutely superb in fact, if £2.5k is a reasonable amount to spend to you then I'd snap it up. If it's not for you, you can sell it on without loosing much, or anything.

Can you hear them at home against each other?, best way to find out before you spend a substantial amount of dosh.

A bit difficult as it is really a private sale. I doubt I would be disappointed but just interested in sensible alternatives, keen to use a nas as it is a neat solution. I guess I could go budget with a Sq Touch and wait for a majik ds - last one on fleabay went for 1k. Using a Klout Kolektor and Kabers so Linn would fit right in.

advertisement

Back