advertisement

[FS] Usher BE-718 Baby Dancer Speakers

Whizzy

pfm Member
I bought these Usher BE718 Baby Dancer Speakers on a similar site from ’Lawrence 001‘ last year with the intention of building a second system. I chose them because I had previously owned a pair around 2003 and knew how good they were. At that time I knew the late Tony Bolton who was reviewing for some of the top HiFi mags and when he heard them playing with my then Graaf GM50 amp, he remarked how good they sounded. However due to a change of circumstance the second system Is on permanent hold and they are therefore for sale.

These fantastic speakers are extremely agile and fast with amazingly deep base given their size meaning a sub-woofer is not needed. Hi-Fi World listed them as classics and described them as - ‘Beryllium Tweeters work superbly, allied to a fast and punchy bass driver. The result is subtle, smooth and emotive.’

They are in superb condition and come complete with their original cotton cover, box and packaging. However they are extremely well built with resin cases and as such weight around 18kg each. As a result the box is large and when packed weighs nearly 40kg, therefore collection from Exmouth Devon or possibly Burgess Hill ( by agreement), although I am willing to travel a reasonable distance for petrol costs. If this is not possible then I am willing to post them although this would be at the buyers risk.

If these were current models they would probably retail at around the £3.5k mark.
My price is £800 which is what they owe me.

I will try to add some pictures if I can figure out how.

These were my speakers and I can honestly day that they were the best pair of standpoint I've ever owned. They look lovely as well as sounding sublime. If I had the room, I would have never sold them.
End game game speakers for many.
Glws

I bought these Usher BE718 Baby Dancer Speakers on a similar site from ’Lawrence 001‘ last year with the intention of building a second system. I chose them because I had previously owned a pair around 2003 and knew how good they were. At that time I knew the late Tony Bolton who was reviewing for some of the top HiFi mags and when he heard them playing with my then Graaf GM50 amp, he remarked how good they sounded. However due to a change of circumstance the second system Is on permanent hold and they are therefore for sale.

These fantastic speakers are extremely agile and fast with amazingly deep base given their size meaning a sub-woofer is not needed. Hi-Fi World listed them as classics and described them as - ‘Beryllium Tweeters work superbly, allied to a fast and punchy bass driver. The result is subtle, smooth and emotive.’

They are in superb condition and come complete with their original cotton cover, box and packaging. However they are extremely well built with resin cases and as such weight around 18kg each. As a result the box is large and when packed weighs nearly 40kg, therefore collection from Exmouth Devon or possibly Burgess Hill ( by agreement), although I am willing to travel a reasonable distance for petrol costs. If this is not possible then I am willing to post them although this would be at the buyers risk.

If these were current models they would probably retail at around the £3.5k mark.
My price is £800 which is what they owe me.

I will try to add some pictures if I can figure out how.
Are they still for sale?

advertisement

Back