advertisement

USB volume control knob (for PC streaming)

I had one of the Griffin PowerMate control knobs. Basically set up like a mouse and the driver allowed you to set its behaviour. Rotate for volume, click for play/pause, press and turn for track skip, from memory. I don’t think there are current drivers available, they did a more recent version that may still be current.

It seems to only replicate the windows mixer volume function (or MAC equivalent). As such it's completely useless for controlling any device being used in windows exclusive mode, which is how you would be using it for any serious audio purpose.

It seems to only replicate the windows mixer volume function (or MAC equivalent). As such it's completely useless for controlling any device being used in windows exclusive mode, which is how you would be using it for any serious audio purpose.

I need it to control HQPlayer’s volume.

Won't work if you want your HQ player to actually work in HQ!

Have they really created a programme that works with Nvidia GPU's only? Rather market limiting that I'd have thought!

Why use a USB device to control software volume rather than a preamp or monitor controller to control the speaker/monitor levels? There are some good desktop monitor controllers available in the pro audio world.

Why use a USB device to control software volume rather than a preamp or monitor controller to control the speaker/monitor levels? There are some good desktop monitor controllers available in the pro audio world.

I use HQPLAYER digital volume control from my laptop at the moment with the trackpad.
It would be nice to have a knob

Won't work if you want your HQ player to actually work in HQ!

Have they really created a programme that works with Nvidia GPU's only? Rather market limiting that I'd have thought!

No idea what you’re taking about.
My computer doesn’t have an Nvidia GPU, it’s Apple silicon.

I might end up getting one to try and return if it’s not suitable

You should probably tell people that from the outset because the two platforms are substantially different in the way they handle audio internally.

advertisement

Back