advertisement

US craft beer disappears up its own #$%#$%^

Interestingly, I think Brooklyn was one of the pioneers of the craft beer revolution back in the day, its styles have certainly been very influential. It's a lot bigger now, obviously.

Brooklyns a good pint; rare to see it on draught, but it's out there

Quite like Blue Moon too; usually bottled though

Samuel Adams is good as well; but they're all quite similar IMO

I've got x3 mini-kegs of Stewart Brewing's 80 shilling and x2 mini kegs of Stewart Brewing's Pentland IPA to go through this weekend with a family gathering we're at ;)

Brooklyns a good pint; rare to see it on draught, but it's out there

Not in Brooklyn NY ;) I was replying to a post bemoaning the lack of good bitter in Brooklyn NY.

If you try Brooklyn back to back with Sam Adams (the original, which is a decent standby beer in the US) I think you'll find Brooklyn lager is somewhat less sweet - the excessive sweetness is my only real criticism of Sam.

sunriver-miga_grandpa_cap-800px.jpg

Reactions: vuk
Living in what is possibly the 'new IPA' capital of the USA, San Diego, I agree that the profusion of very similar ipa styles from the 160 or so craft breweries is annoying. I can get curry, chilli pepper and grapefruit flavored beers but a more traditional English style ale is hard to find. If you are in area check out 2Kids Brewing, they have a very nice pale ale (Incredulous) as well as a superb ESB (Poppycock).

advertisement

Back