advertisement

Urgent solution sought

The Naim Mu-so Qb 2nd Gen wireless speaker has audiophile sound and is compact. You can connect a USB stick loaded with your father's cd's, and it can be connected to mains power. Though I don't know if the remote will be too complicated? Otherwise maybe a small, simple DAB+ radio like this?

Does Age UK offer any advice on its website? This must be a common problem and they may have evaluated candidate devices for suitability for old or confused people to use.

Oh sorry missed that bit. That being said you can get 50gig data sims for 8 quid a month from smarty

I think the problem though is the details isn’t it, what of the stream drops, will it auto reconnect etc. any barriers like this are going to be a problem.

Oh sorry missed that bit. That being said you can get 50gig data sims for 8 quid a month from smarty

I think the problem though is the details isn’t it, what of the stream drops, will it auto reconnect etc. any barriers like this are going to be a problem.
It's absolutely about the details and how to fix it when it falls over. I like my various bt speakers but what a palaver when they drop out. Could my mother operate it? No chance. A radio just works.

Alzheimer's Society sell this

This is worth taking a look at. You load the music on to it; music plays when lid is open. As simple as that.

Alzheimer's Society sell this

Just had a look at this, I'll order one after I've checked Dab+ reaches Ipswich !
Thanks for the link.

This is worth taking a look at. You load the music on to it; music plays when lid is open. As simple as that.

Excellent, thanks

advertisement

Back