advertisement

Upgrade to internal speaker Cable

The thing about replacing a couple of feet of wire in a speaker is why bother when you'll not be touching the tens of metres of basic copper wound on each driver?

Now, nanocrystaline bollocks coil wire, theres a niche not yet explored...

Yawn

You've surpassed everyones elses knowledge and experiences, well done you <clap-clap-clap> i applaud you .... you are supremesensemaster

FYI - a speaker coil has nothing to do with the sound its there to add pulse to the diaphragm/cone. the lighter and cooler it remains the better. Its also a coil not a wire, although it made of wire, hense being called a coil ....

The signal doesn't go through the voice coil, it jumps over it and goes down the other side. Same with inductors.

FYI - a speaker coil has nothing to do with the sound its there to add pulse to the diaphragm/cone
It has everything to do with the sound - more so than the internal wiring and certainly attracts greater attention than many aspects of speaker design. And it is wire, although I can understand your confusion as it is not readily accessible to potential up graders.

It has everything to do with the sound - more so than the internal wiring and certainly attracts greater attention than many aspects of speaker design. And it is wire, although I can understand your confusion as it is not readily accessible to potential up graders.

Wrong, see example above. The coil provides the mechanical action its content and context is about this performance.

Your understanding of how a loudspeaker works is very different to mine, the design of the 'wire' is a critical element of speaker performance. I give up!

Your understanding of how a loudspeaker works is very different to mine, the design of the 'wire' is a critical element of speaker performance. I give up!

You have to remember that cereal offender has less knowledge of electronics than the contents of my cats litter tray.... But is an expert at hiding under Norwegian bridges.

You were and thank you , oh yes cables make a lot of difference but not all can be heard.
Just a small check list to consider in designing a cable.
Inductance, normally small.
Common Mode inductance small, but if designed well you can use this to your advantage.
Capacitance small,
Leakage energy a hard one to check.
External RFI and EMC,
Oh and chemical combination of wire connection including solder and technique most folk forget this one.
And temperature this can effect the connections and the dielectric material, and chemical leakage from the solder can also play a part.
Oh and Humidity nearly always ignored at your peril.
And small but it does effect connection and that is air borne pollution's, to hear them properly the air needs to be inert but I found breathing hard without oxygen,

All the above present in such small quantities as to make no difference whatsoever at audio frequencies or completely spurious, hence all cables sound the same.

It could be that they believe the cable does not matter. It could be the cable was carefully chosen.
I believe that 89% cases cable was carefully chosen - cable nr1 cost 0.01 less than cable nr2, so let's use cable nr1. Or because it was at most comfortable height to pick up from shelf.
There are several people who knows by fact that cable does not matter, so why choose at all. There are people whose day job is design cables. Why do you have to design something that does not matter? Go figure.

All the above present in such small quantities as to make no difference whatsoever at audio frequencies or completely spurious, hence all cables sound the same.

Nice so now youre saying Colin knowS feck all about cables, yet you who’s never put out a commercial product/design has become the leading light, on every discussion

Most cable designers work on data or high power cable. Not single core low voltage stuff. It really is just made with whatever's easy to process. Ask yourself why silver comes in FEP, for example. Clue it's nothing to do with the dielectric constant.

Individually I would sort of agree but combine sorry all the errors add up and it does contribute to the resultant signal large and very small to the sound and the digital signal to the load be it analogue or digital/USB and even mains with pulsing rectifiers on the output driving dynamic loading.

I was taught a long time ago that telephone line could not work above 5KHz but we have signals way past that now, just a thought never always believe what you are taught, question every little detail and then your understanding increases, remember the teachers was also taught by somebody with less knowledge available at there time.

Think of a seesaw on one end a 100Kg Wonf and the other end we start with 1grm , now keep adding and then from 1M high drop 1kg at what point does it balance? and keep adding on and on.

advertisement

Back