advertisement

Unitiqute as a streaming transport?

syep2001

pfm Member
I'm looking for people who have potentially used a qute as a streamer? After visiting a dealer today. Obviously I know that the ND5 is the way to go but can't quite push to the cost.

I like the Naim interface and think it could be a way of getting into Naim streaming from a SBT?

I could use the digi out into my SN DAC?

Any tips/hints/recommendations?

There is a NAC-N 172XS in the classifieds, you could probably get that for similar money to a new Unitiqute.

I like mine.

I use a Qute2 as a pure streamer into V1, the Qute is an absolutely fantastic product with great sound, with its own Dac. I doubt using the SuperNait Dac will be much better (if at all). A great way to get into streaming, as well as a great system in its own right. The first product in a long time that truly is a keeper. If you demo one, try it with a V1 and 100, amazing result. Strong residuals as well.

Good luck.

I have been toying with this idea as well, but I’m struggling to see how it could be accommodated into my current system (Linn CDP, NAC72/Hicap/140).

Any views anyone?

:confused:

If you just want a streamer, get a Logitech Squeezebox Touch and then tailor the sound with a DAC (or PSU) of your choice. I have two UnitiQutes, its a great device as an all in one, but it is a huge waste just using it as a streamer where it is distinctly average due to the lack of connectivity to services like Spotify, etc.

The 'Qute has a variable level RCA output so it can be used as a streamer/dac/turner. In the setup menu you choose (speakers=none) to disable the power amp and set the volume level to 75 (IIRC) to get "line-level" output. You can then connect your 'Qute using the RCA output to any suitable input on a pre-amp. I had a lot of fun using mine as a digital hub into a NAC102/NAP250 when the 'Qute was first released.

You can also use the 'Qute as a pre-amp/streamer/dac/turner, again by disabling the power amp (speakers=none) and connecting to your power amp via the RCA output. This is how mine is used feeding a NAP100 via a spare pare of Linn silvers.

I used the Qute as a streamer with my old naim 202/200 system. Beats a sonos or SB touch hands down and is great if you need an all in one system in another room for a short time.

Qute is better than SBT alone, but for the same price you can get SBT+DAC ( if possible usb DAC, MDAC?) and it will beat Qute ...

advertisement

Back