advertisement

Unfortunately worded headline thread

enhanced-buzz-orig-11391-1366215551-12.jpg

@sean99 - The Guardian's coverage is even bette^^^ more unfortunate:

Video of Pope Francis trying to avoid having his ring kissed goes viral

"It’s high time kissing bishops’ rings disappears altogether. It’s just ridiculous and has nothing to do with tradition.
Sometimes he likes it, sometimes he does not. It’s really as simple as that,” said a close aide to the pope who spoke on the condition of anonymity"

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ng-to-avoid-having-his-ring-kissed-goes-viral

As perplexing as it may seem, I'm sure somebody will get to the bottom of it once they immerse themselves fully in the muddy waters of life in the Vatican and penetrated it's darkest catechisms... or should that be catacombs... or both!

Yup, some goodies there. Not sure people got post #5, perhaps.

It's very subtle and clever - took me a while.

"Pontefecate" - Verb - A portmanteau of pontificate and defecate. e.g. "Earlier today President Trump pontefecated multiple times on the subjects of immigration and healthcare."

As perplexing as it may seem, I'm sure somebody will get to the bottom of it once they immerse themselves fully in the muddy waters of life in the Vatican and penetrated it's darkest catechisms... or should that be catacombs... or both!

Penetrated is the key issue here !

advertisement

Back