advertisement

Unactivated Windows 10

I am not sure what your point is, the person that is selling took the risk for you happy day’s give him four quid all he can do is send you an email with the code in. A code on it’s own is not in the least bit dangerous going places on the net to obtain it can be.

I am confident you won’t argue with me on that one.

If I go onto a dodgy site, my antivirus tells me so.

If I go onto a dodgy site, my antivirus tells me so.
Thats a dangerous attitude to take. You have no idea of the criminal sophistication (maybe governments espionage) that is about - its rather like a war going on out there especially for big corporations. Log on to one of their infected websites and suffer the consequences.

DV

Thats a dangerous attitude to take. You have no idea of the criminal sophistication (maybe governments espionage) that is about - its rather like a war going on out there especially for big corporations. Log on to one of their infected websites and suffer the consequences.

DV
Never had a problem (I'm not saying it doesn't exist) but I have had some alerts saying the site was dodgy and don't go there.

Never had a problem (I'm not saying it doesn't exist) but I have had some alerts saying the site was dodgy and don't go there.
I knew a small business who took exactly the same attitude when I tried to help. One day they came in to a dead IT system with multiple locked out laptops and servers though a ransomware attack. They lost all their data including backups. It took them over a year and a lot of time, money and effort to almost fully recover. Some stuff was lost forever.

Today its even worse as the attackers take restricted company information, payroll data and employee CVs etc. Then offer these for sale on the dark web if the ransom is not met.

Make sure you have good backups and no encryption won't help.

DV

I knew a small business who took exactly the same attitude when I tried to help. One day they came in to a dead IT system with multiple locked out laptops and servers though a ransomware attack. They lost all their data including backups. It took them over a year and a lot of time, money and effort to almost fully recover. Some stuff was lost forever.

Make sure you have good backups and no encryption won't help.

DV

Worst that can happen to me is a farked hard drive/laptop, my backups are sporadic and need sorted out right enough though, terrible for a small business to suffer such a loss.

advertisement

Back