advertisement

Ukraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the 100 Carl Gustaf anti-tank weapons that little Justin T. is sending (plus 2000 rounds, apparently) will get to the Ukraine soon.

(If only the lad had kept his mouth shut about it, there would have a better chance of them getting there.)

I was once reliably informed that you couldn't hit a barn door with a Carl Gustaf; hopefully, the newer model is better.

One thing I can’t fathom is why the tactics of the retreating Ukraine army doesn’t include scorched earth. They are leaving fuel depots, main highways and countless other resources valuable to advancing Russian troops intact. Doesn’t make sense, they should have blown up every route From Russia into Ukraine.

I was once reliably informed that you couldn't hit a barn door with a Carl Gustaf; hopefully, the newer model is better.
Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be sitting in traffic in a Russian tank with 100 teams of enraged Ukranians approaching with 20 rounds each, myself.

<moderating>

Troll/bot removed. I’m getting really sick of a couple of RT-brainwashed fringe-nutters wasting my time so will be looking very carefully at previous posts etc. If someone appears on the site posting on politics threads with no audio or music-room credibility I’ll assume they are a troll/bot and remove them. FWIW anyone below 50 posts & 3 months on this site is viewed by the mod team as provisional member and can be removed entirely with just one click and another confirmation click. It really is very, very easy.

I read, I read these thoughts about the insignificance, stupid cruelty of Russia and the beautiful, smart, helping West with weapons, and I understand Putin more and more.

you don’t even have any alternative media or views.

I read, I read these thoughts about the insignificance, stupid cruelty of Russia and the beautiful, smart, helping West with weapons, and I understand Putin more and more.

The simple facts are Putin is a dictator of a failing state. There is no democracy in Russia, any opposing views are murdered or imprisoned, as is the free press. It is a state that is becoming increasingly isolated and it appears the invasion of Ukraine is primarily to stop that nation impacting Russia’s only real income stream (petrochemicals). It really does look that simple even if the state propaganda may be very different. Sadly he looks to be well on the way to achieving that end as it appears Russia is now close to fully taking the key costal area around the Crimean peninsula where the key reserves lie.

PS It is bizarre how petrochemical states almost always become rogue states and dictatorships.

Putin invaded and attacked a sovereign nation. It is inarguable that he is the aggressor in this situation. Vague assertions about the growth of NATO (Ukraine isn't in NATO), the need to "liberate" the Ukrainian people from their Nazi overlords (clearly the "liberators" weren't welcome), or whatever else someone might come up with cannot justify the aggression on display. This was an unprovoked attack that is being justified through the weakest of arguments. The overwhelming vote to condemn it in the UN makes it pretty clear that this isn't just the argument of keyboard warriors on audio forums who are brainwashed by their news sources.

And because this conversation attracts limp, 100% irrelevant "what-about-isms", I'm sure the majority of people here were also against the invasion of Iraq, etc. None of that matters. Putin (not the Russian populace) attacked another country and he must be held accountable.

Dmitre, I hope no one here is against Russia or the Russian people. For myself, I wouldn't wish to be judged on the actions of the UK government.

It's hard to know how ordinary Russian people feel about the war. We've seen footage of demonstrations but I don't know how representative they are.

I feel for ordinary Russians facing financial hardship because of the sanctions.

What's your view and that of the people around you in Moscow?

Also, I can sympathise that you must feel unwelcome here or put on the defensive yourself, which is very lamentable. I recognise that the people are not the country, even in the most democratic of nations. But it's difficult when one's nation is the target of scorn, not to be offended or, at least, put on the defensive.

I think it is important for us to listen to your experiences and opinions.

ps - I am American, and so I have Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. on my shoulders, but that doesn't disallow me from condemning what is happening in Ukraine too.

One thing I can’t fathom is why the tactics of the retreating Ukraine army doesn’t include scorched earth. They are leaving fuel depots, main highways and countless other resources valuable to advancing Russian troops intact. Doesn’t make sense, they should have blown up every route From Russia into Ukraine.

Agreed, I was surprised at the footage showing Putins forces entering Ukraine at the official border post - all that was missing was a Customs Officer with a clip boards. The road should have been blown up and miles of mines laid. The same with bridges at key points. OTOH the Ukraine forces are doing amazingly well and WTF do I know.

Agreed, I was surprised at the footage showing Putins forces entering Ukraine at the official border post - all that was missing was a Customs Officer with a clip boards. The road should have been blown up and miles of mines laid. The same with bridges at key points.

Lots of reports of bridges being destroyed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/ukrainian-soldier-blows-himself-up-26332580
https://twitter.com/TheWarUpdate/status/1499378832146632705
https://twitter.com/harishsarswat/status/1499377908095148033
https://twitter.com/news6wkmg/status/1499374179568730114

I'm sorry but these views do not fit with the views Dmitre posted earlier. Another bot that took over his account?

I have the strongest sympathy with the Russian people who are led by men with no souls or conscience. I wish ordinary Russians would not be made to suffer for the inhuman ways of their leaders.

But I feel even more sadness and pain over the sufferings of the Ukranian people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back