advertisement

Ukraine V

Indeed it is, sadly not an isolated case.

Individual freedom seems increasingly dependent on absolute allegiance to ones state or country.

In 1977 the controversy over the Sex Pistols God save the Queen single seemed draconian, happy days.
Sue them

Indeed it is, sadly not an isolated case.

Individual freedom seems increasingly dependent on absolute allegiance to ones state or country.

In 1977 the controversy over the Sex Pistols God save the Queen single seemed draconian, happy days.
Oh my GOD! It's Cancel Culture!

It's an attempt to derail the future career prospects of students who choose to protest, there by silence dissent.
A parallel to the article on Russian colleges @ tones had linked to.

It's an attempt to derail the future career prospects of students who choose to protest, there by silence dissent.
A parallel to the article on Russian colleges @ tones had linked to.

I think that's stretching things a little. 13 judges mainly from TX and all Trump appointees might be sympathetic to the Putin model but in this instance they are only focussing on one school (though two of them have form with two other Ivys). I suspect they know if they target loads of other top law schools they will be shooting themselves in the foot. It's more performance politics than anything else, something that cannot be said of Putin.

Compiling a list of repressive states I'm sure we would put China/Hong Kong, Myanmar, Iran , Saudi Arabia, Russia etc in the premier league.
However being a leftie I can't help but take a dim view of the political situation here in the West, there are plenty in politics expressing a desire to silence those who oppose our "fundamental" values. I'm not sure if it's entirely performative.

I don’t. That’s how the US involvement in Vietnam started. There’s a direct line from ‘advisor’ - it is well known that weapons systems are being operated by NATO on behalf of the Ukrainians - to combat solder. Evidently the Russians take this seriously as they‘ve announced training exercises for their tactical nukes.
I am not sure about other weapon systems, but our Patriots and NASAMs are operated by Ukranians. The stuff that's damaged goes stateside.

advertisement

Back